• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Transplanted Another 96 today 02-14-09

Planted Another 4 trays 02-16-09

Thanks PPP...

Ok, I now have planted a total of 13 72 cell trays...don't know where the heck I am going to put all the plants and I still have flowers, tomatos, and the rest of the veggies to start...

02-16-09Trays10-11-12-13.jpg

AlabamaJack said:
...don't know where the heck I am going to put all the plants and I still have flowers, tomatos, and the rest of the veggies to start...

Plant them and you will find room later. That's my motto. ;)

BTW, have you grown Jalapeno M before? (of course he has) I'm trying to ID some market bought jals that I'm breeding. They are dark - almost black, up to 4" long, fat, blunt ended, and very hot for a jal. The best ones have a cross-section like a wagon wheel with 4 spokes.

caroltlw said:
Plant them and you will find room later. That's my motto. ;)

BTW, have you grown Jalapeno M before? (of course he has) I'm trying to ID some market bought jals that I'm breeding. They are dark - almost black, up to 4" long, fat, blunt ended, and very hot for a jal. The best ones have a cross-section like a wagon wheel with 4 spokes.

I am just planting away like I live on 5 acres...and I only have 1/5th of an acre...can you say plants everywhere?... :lol:

yup...grew the Jap Ms last year and they did very well for me...from what you describe, it sounds like the Ms...

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
AJ is just making sure that no pepper varieties go extinct under his watch. If my math is correct you have 936 pepper plants on their way. WOW!

your math is indeed correct Cappy and the scary part is I have more peppers to plant I just found out....roflmao...

AlabamaJack said:
your math is indeed correct Cappy and the scary part is I have more peppers to plant I just found out....roflmao...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you going to try and sell some?

yup...and sold 4 so far.... :lol:

just put up my flyers yesterday...I hopefully can sell around 500...those plus the ~ 400 I will keep will give me about a 65-70 percent survival rate after I plant another 5 or 6 trays...

what is that plant market like down there? I was thinking if I have extra plants or cant find a place for lots of thing, I would go down to this little feed store and try to trade my extras for potting soil and pots. I know I can hide pepper plants around cook county forest preserve district hehehehe

don't know about the market...this is the first year I am going to sell...mostly just word of mouth among the people I work with and there are several farmers markets within about 10 miles of where I live...this is all new territory for me....

Back