• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Transplanting 7pods from 7pod astroturf

A while back I posted a topic (lady bugs on my 7pods)

Some on asked how I transplanted them when they grew so close together.

Here are a few pics of the transplanting :)

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

And the ones that don't make the grade.
009.JPG

Thanks for those pictures, I think I'll give try a try. I hate wasting light on empty cells. Is that a commercial seedling mix?

Thanks for those pictures, I think I'll give try a try. I hate wasting light on empty cells. Is that a commercial seedling mix?

For the most part I use Fafard, Canadian growing mix 2 certified organic.

The price jumped this year from $18 a bale to almost $30 :( ouch. 3.8 cubic ft.

wow so many does not make the grade. !! you know that bundle you have there can make many many people here happy if they got their hands on those. :dance:

nice seed mix. did you mix it yourself .. looks like it has lots of perlite.

anyway great seedlings you got there Jeff !! love your seedling guards,always patrolling :) ( the ladybugs) :)

wow so many does not make the grade. !! you know that bundle you have there can make many many people here happy if they got their hands on those. :dance:

nice seed mix. did you mix it yourself .. looks like it has lots of perlite.

anyway great seedlings you got there Jeff !! love your seedling guards,always patrolling :) ( the ladybugs) :)

Hay Sri2 How are ya?

Ya it seems like a waste, but seeds if you know where to get them are extremely cheep. don't ask

I never know what my germ rate will be, I would rather have to many then not enough! Been there done that :(

The starting mix is the same as the growing mix, I have used starting mix in the past, but not for peppers sown in this manner. people will disagree and that's OK. The proof is in the pudding, and I have lots of pudding.:woohoo:

I would give away the leftovers but no one is really close enough to make it worth their drive, so they become food for the rest.:violin: :tear:

Pepper Boys; I hope you got to see this since you asked! Now stop reading this a get back to gardening something. :party:

Keep it hot, SC

Huh. Seems like a good way to start difficult crosses. Easy way to weed out the problem seeds without taking up a ton of space.

I do have one more question though. How do you keep the ladybugs interested in hanging around? I got a whole container of them from a local greenery here and put them out at night and they were all gone in about 2-3 days.. :shocked: Any pointers there?

I do have one more question though. How do you keep the ladybugs interested in hanging around? I got a whole container of them from a local greenery here and put them out at night and they were all gone in about 2-3 days.. :shocked: Any pointers there?

Not really lady bugs, but some people call them Japanese Beatles, what ever the hell they are we have a infestation here in Wisconsin,:evil: the reason there are so many on my plants is because of the grow lights, kinda like poltergeist, (go toward the light) Maybe if you but a light in the your garden they would stick around longer.:) I now there are plant that do attract them.:think: have to google it.

Have a good one fellas SC

DIll and Marigold seem to be the common denominator from what I've read in my brief search... I'll try anything(almost) once haha..

Back