• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Tridents Bonnet Set - Season 4

Forth season bonnet and their hybrids grow .... a couple of varieties to come ... thanks to Smoke (C2C chilli forum) who posted them on Monday ... most listed have been in the propergator's since the 7th January. Thanks to all that have helped me to continue with my bonnet thread without your help I would not have been able to have listed so many varieties this season. Especially pleased to get back seed from Justin - White Hot Peppers which I sent him last season to get refreshed ...... will update the late arrivals and no shows

Scotch Bonnet Steve's Yellow SB ( chili-pepper.ch)
Schneider Farm SB (self)
MoA Yellow (Stickman) - Dennish's 2017 Challenge US/UK
MoA Red (Mike USMC)
P. Dreadie's Select (self)
Foodarama Yellow (Mike USMC)
Foodarama Red (Mike USMC)
Cappuccino SB (Mike USMC)
Jamaician Long SB (self)
Haiti Red SB (Peppernorth)
TFM SB ( FreeportBum)
Scotch Brain Long SB (FreeportBum)
Scotch Brain F3 ( JH/ White Hot Peppers)
Beth Boyd's Yellow SB (self)
Obeah F3 (self)
Freeport Orange SB (self)
Jamaician Black River SB (Pulpiteer)
Matthew Arthur's Peach SB (White Hot Peppers) seed sent last season to Justin to be refreshed
7pot NeBru (White Hot Peppers) as above
7pot Jonah Yellow x SB (White Hot Peppers)
7pot Orange x SB (White Hot Peppers)
7pot x Trinidad SB (self)
7 pot Savannah x SB Yellow variety (Chiliriot)
Sepia Serpent x SB (Chiliriot)
SB7J x Neyde Orange variety (Chiliriot)
Sweet Moruga SB (Moruga Welder)
Matthew Arthur SBN Chocolate SB (self)
Elysuim Oxide Bonnet X - moruga shaped (White Hot Peppers)
SBJB F1(self)
Cross 1. F1 (self)
Cross 2. F1 (self)

Want to be SB
Puerto Rico Purple Splotched (Christopher Phillips)
Espiritu Santo (White Hot Peppers)

Others

Bahamian Beast F1. (White Hot Peppers)
Matthew Arthur Daisy Cutter (Superhot Sim)
BOC x Orange Primo (Superhot Sim)
Aji Jobito x BBG7 Yellow off pheno (FreeportBum)
Korean Hong Gochu (Stickman)
Lemon Drop - THP throw down (self)

Superhot Sim said:
Great update on your return from the paradise scenery of St Lucia.

Plants look superb and great to see you have pods.
The tfm x gum looks a real winner mate.
Great work [emoji106]

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk
Thanks Simmy I will have to wait and see what FreeportBum thinks ... overall plenty of pods but a lot of misshapen elongated ones ... if I can get an Obeah without a tail I will be pleased ... Christopher Phillips Puerto Rican Purple Sploched producing plenty of pods

Trident chilli said:
So annoying but Tapatalk now posting my pictures... time for an update from my tunnel and beyond

882711c0b11226accf54c5913565e2ac.jpg

Either side of tunnel Ricks Gochu and a Lemon Drop in the middle

b8b604e99336bca4a34be5f0fd58bcf9.jpg

Have to say the Gochu enjoys the UK weather

267e1a49befef17df514d9aa108656f2.jpg

2ffde88580fb198f45435715364cb574.jpg

Tunnel and overspill below

015ce3144dae7c85c0f8452d5e124bc8.jpg

I may have accidentally benefited from "Bum's" generosity... he kindly sent me the ScotchBrain Long I sowed four seeds but noticed one seedling was completely different from the others. Named it Mystery but having seen his glog and his crosses I may have his TFM x Gum

268e75edcfe15ea8acc335d6b8af1904.jpg

Flower

0126022fbfb88b608fe7298453d4ae3a.jpg

Close up of a few pods ... Frank's Sweet Moruga SB

cfefd5fd01c1c4019e8c071117b0120d.jpg

Justin's Elysuim Oxide Bonnet "X"

ae6311a41e580d356cb849e18cd68d0a.jpg

Lastly Obeah

c5ff37af09315eea3f37ad532cf1cfec.jpg

542567b98ba386b83558f18d5a5ef59c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hello my friend everything is looking great. The mystery plant is interesting for sure. I know I didn't mix seeds up on my end as my mild OCD won't let that happen :)  The scotch brain long isn't stable and I was curious what may still come out of it. My pods last year were 3-4 times larger and much less bumpier then the original scotch brain long seeds that jamie grew and sent me.  I have a few plants of the SBL and one looks like it was crossed with a BBG. Justin @ white hot peppers has SBL from me also and one of his plants looks like it was crossed with a BBG.  I took seeds from a half a dozen really nice SBL pods last season and put them all in the same bag, it's very possible some of them were cross pollinated with a bbg. My SBL plant was surrounded by yellow and white bbg plants last season. Either way hopefully it grows something really cool for you.  cheers

Looking good John, and glad the Gochus are doing so well for you.  :party:  Keeping your Chinense varieties in the grow tent looks like it was the right move for this season, crazy as it was. I'm thinking in hindsight that I should have done the same here through May and June but that's how we learn, eh? It looks like the wedding in St Lucia was idyllic... I hope the guests all appreciated the chile jams.  :drooling: 

OCD Chilehead said:
Oh, wow!

Very nice. Mystery is good looking plant. Definitely looks like gum cross.

Obeah has a good looking pod. What are the parents?

Thanks for the update.

Enjoy the rest of your afternoon.
Thanks Chuck I will be looking forward to seeing the first pods then hopefully FB can tell me if it is ones of his crosses. I don't get beat up with isolation and I couldn't manage partitioning within a polytunnel... I am a Matthew Arthur - let nature take its course.

Obeah is a Steve Queen (Fort Lauderdale) creation its history is captured on the Hot Pepper Talk thread as for parentage it's a MoA x Reaper

stickman said:
Looking good John, and glad the Gochus are doing so well for you.  :party:  Keeping your Chinense varieties in the grow tent looks like it was the right move for this season, crazy as it was. I'm thinking in hindsight that I should have done the same here through May and June but that's how we learn, eh? It looks like the wedding in St Lucia was idyllic... I hope the guests all appreciated the chile jams.  :drooling: 
Thanks Rick ... yes St Lucia was a beautiful Island and the wedding went to plan I think my youngest son just wanted to out do his brother who got married in Vegas ... would I go back .. definitely to both places. Gochu's are flying and enjoying being outside. The weather in the U.K. has been great and we are due what the forecast say is a "Spanish Plume" as the hot dry air comes up. All plants have flowers so all looking well my end and plenty of chilli jam for all later in the year

Devv said:
Looking good John!

The weather may not be hot but your produce will be ;)

I have a "gum" from seeds Chuck sent me, quite a leggy gal she is. Still waiting for flowers. She has until December :shh:
Thanks Scott the polytunnel helps to prolong the grow however by December our temperatures are too low our season ends with the first frosts ... mold and pepper maggots will get me first

Trident chilli said:
FB looking at the early flowers that have dropped showing the cup shape with the pod tucked inside I am hopeful it is a BBG ... I haven't grown one before and a white variety would be something...

Will post a picture of the Mystery pod when I get one .....

How's your bonnet crosses
Sounds good. The bonnet crosses are looking great, some of them are really beautiful plants with all the purples. I'll snap some pics this evening and post. 

Trident chilli said:
Thanks Scott the polytunnel helps to prolong the grow however by December our temperatures are too low our season ends with the first frosts ... mold and pepper maggots will get me first
Heh... Without human intervention our first frosts wipe out the peppers around the middle of October. I had Pepper Maggots last year too... I planted Garlic where the Gochus had been to "encourage" them to move on. Now that the Garlic is harvested, that's hopefully the end of it for a few years. Crop rotation... ya gotta do it sometimes. [emoji6]

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

stickman said:
Heh... Without human intervention our first frosts wipe out the peppers around the middle of October. I had Pepper Maggots last year too... I planted Garlic where the Gochus had been to "encourage" them to move on. Now that the Garlic is harvested, that's hopefully the end of it for a few years. Crop rotation... ya gotta do it sometimes. [emoji6]

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

Much agreed Rick! I do my best to move things about the garden. Bhut for some reason most of my grow is Nightshades. Now why could that be? :shh: :rolleyes: :dance:

bpiela said:
Sorry to hear you guys are getting pepper maggots.  I get those too.  What do you do to get rid of them?

Pepper Maggots are fly larvae Ben. The adults lay eggs on the unripe pods and when they hatch the larva burrows their way inside and feed on the placenta until ready to pupate... then they burrow their way back out and bury themselves in the soil next to the plant to pupate and emerge as adults the following (early) summer. It's nearly impossible to see the puncture of the entry since it's so small and the growing pod heals it over very quickly. The affected pods seem to ripen prematurely and the exit hole is unmistakable. The only organic thing you can do to prevent this is to put up a barrier to the adults so they can't get at the unripe fruit to lay their eggs. A low row cover of light agricultural fabric would do it, but the soil under the plants would have to be free of pupae so they wouldn't be able to emerge inside the low row cover. To move them out of an area you have to rotate your crop... plant something else there that they can't feed on and find distasteful, and when the adults emerge from the soil, they won't find anything for the larvae to feed on and will leave the area in search of it.

Sorry for the hijack John... back to our regularly scheduled programming... ;)

Thank you all for your posts and sorry Bpiela for missing yours I think Rick has answered your question.. however I always grow in fresh containers and always use new soil .. if I see a damaged pod I always remove from the plant and throw in the refuse bin. I have had a few to date but normally don't see this issue until later in the season

Here is a short update to where I am at the moment. We have lost those long sunny days and have had rain every day over the past week

a21460b68d7c8b8854a3e65ae4f1d1d4.jpg

FB kindly sent me some ScotchBrain Long seed somewhere along the line it's turned into what he a Justin thinks could be a Yellow BBG7 ... I am pleased as I have never grown a BBG7

d56340df68d10a1bc4ba8a5c6f5870e6.jpg

Biggest/tallest variety at the moment is FB's Jobito x Yellow BBG7 looking forward to this as I grew Sandra's Brown variation last season

9cedd3957fb9138c4872edeed45b46dd.jpg

Jamaican Long SB great looking pods hang like pendants

be8ae775611ae2432e25a6ab4a6a4a06.jpg

This season for me seems to be the year of the "elongated pod" and many varieties seem to be off pheno... an example being my Matthew Arthur SB Peach .. I sent some seed to Justin to grow on for me and he kindly sent me some back ... wow if this turns Peach I will be impressed... I follow the Matthew Arthur physiology "let nature take its course, it's all about the bees"

20ab2dcfdaf558a91077baacc1d1d84e.jpg

Mike USMC Cappuccino SB great variety in heat and taste and besides the MA SBN has the best chocolate colour in my opinion

7eede9354e8a2be1729de892663a0695.jpg

Christopher Phillips Puerto Rican Purple Sploched

67083cdeb133aa4daef446fd2c41a5db.jpg

Finally my attempt at a cross which at the moment is doing well mother plant being Obeah (Reaper x MoA) x Butch T x NagaBon this was totally accidental and I can only thank the bees

cc7dfc9516a04dbe830bc97964b4bb3f.jpg

It produced a yellow pod last season

Thanks for looking in and I hope your having better weather than we are having

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back