• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Trident's Bonnets 2016

Once again it's that time of year ... sowing miss labelling and no shows. Thank you to all that have helped me find new and obscure bonnets and hybrids. This forum generosity has been staggering and the Christmas Cards across the pond full of seed have worked well in both directions ... clone tent cleaned T5's dusted off

Firstly the usual suspects

Elysium Oxide - Mustard
Elysium Oxide - Rust
ScotchBrain F4 - Meatfreak
NeBru7
Trinidad SB x 7pot
SB Foodarama Red
SB Foodarama Yellow
MoA Yellow
SB Jamaican Yellow
SB P. Dreadie
SB Peach
SB Atomic
SB7J
SB FreePort Orange
SB Allen Boatman

New for 2016

SB Saraga Orange Short Pheno - jcw10tc/Fiogga
SB Saraga Orange Long Pheno - Fiogga
SB Jamaica Orange Long - mpicante
SB Jamaica Orange Short - mpicante
SB Yellow CCN ( Cross Country Nurseries ) - mpicante/Mr Bigglesworth
SB x TSM x Red Annuum F2 - Fiogga
SB Chocolate x Black Naga - Heefy/PepperNorth
SB Yellow x Naga Morich - HotToddy
SB Yellow Foodarama x Yellow Fatalii - Dennish
SB Schneider Farm - Pulpiteer/Romy6
SB Caramel - Romy6
SB Jamaican Long - Superhot Sim
SB Mathew Arthur's SBN Red - Superhot Sim
SB Mathew Arthur's SBN Chocolate - Superhot Sim
SB MoA Red - Plantguy76
SB Stuffing - Plantguy76
SB Jamaica - Mr Bigglesworth
SB x UBSC Red - Heefy
SB7J Yellow F1 - Romy6
SB7J Select - Steve Queen
2SB7J F1 - SB7J x MoA - Steve Queen
Neyde x SB7J - Chili Riot
Pimenta Leopard x SB7J
Obeah F2 - MoA x Reaper - Steve Queen
SB Mystery possible x BG - HotToddy
PA 353 - look alike Bonnet - Fiogga

Having successfully grown Borg9, UBSC Brown and Yaki last season I thought I would again grow a few hotties after a lot of thought I have chosen four ... Aji Jobito x BBG7 - Fiogga (Sandra) ... alot has been said about Aji Jobito all good things ... seed from Joe Delaney and BBG7 from Chris Phillips - would be nice if everyone included a seed/variety in this year's grow of Chris's

I am sure Sandra would not mind me posting her photograph

Well we have all heard and seen the great work "Medecins Sans Frontiers" do around the world especially in war torn areas. Sandra's daughters partner is part of Doctors Without Borders and probably whilst her daughter might say "take care" Sandra may say "If you see a chilli grab it" .. I love a story so my second hottie is simply another of hers named "DWB Columbia Red with tail"

Finally third and fourth choice "Arkansas Peach" a Sawyer Reaper variation I understand - Pulpiteer ... Moruga x Douglah - Snagglepus ... Knowing me there may well be more ... thank you for looking

Trident chilli said:
Rick no goat's weed or Wild chillies here ... Mpicante kindly sent me the seed for both long and short varieties ... long pushing out small immature pods ... hopefully soon the short will catch up

Nice to see some color on the Leopard cross... hopefully the Bonnets will be catching up to it soon! I'm starting to get ripe MoA bonnets here. Keep up the good work!

Don't think know these are the desire pheno..but here it is..

A little shape of the reaper. Smooth like the moa...no Real heat. I'll taste more pods and slice it open
These are unfortunately the only pods. Hoping by harvesting ..it'll give me more pods Soon
Any more clear picture of how your obeah looks

Just wanted to drop a comment that I'm enjoying your GLog.  Digging all the SBs and various frankenbonnets.  Seems like a lot of folks are growing the ScotchBrain; those are some really glorious-looking pods.  Keep up the good work.

stickman said:
Nice to see some color on the Leopard cross... hopefully the Bonnets will be catching up to it soon! I'm starting to get ripe MoA bonnets here. Keep up the good work!
Rick plenty of pods and some are just starting to colour ... damp weekend but we are promised warm weather from Europe next week with good temperatures
Bicycle808 said:
Just wanted to drop a comment that I'm enjoying your GLog.  Digging all the SBs and various frankenbonnets.  Seems like a lot of folks are growing the ScotchBrain; those are some really glorious-looking pods.  Keep up the good work.
Thanks for looking in .... I struggle with heat and humidity so it's great to send seed to the States and see them growing there ... we just don't have the weather to plant straight into the ground but looking at raised covered beds for next season ... am researching bonnets for next season already
KiNGDeNNiZ said:
Don't think know these are the desire pheno..but here it is..A little shape of the reaper. Smooth like the moa...no Real heat. I'll taste more pods and slice it open These are unfortunately the only pods. Hoping by harvesting ..it'll give me more pods SoonAny more clear picture of how your obeah looks
KD ... Obeah formed many pods but all so far showing the Reaper Pheno ... top of the canopy

Below

Any standard sb7j ripening up? I'm looking for that awesome pheno Steve and Patrick had. I'd love to SASBE or buy ISO seed. I haven't seen that phen in yellow yet. The yellows just look like bonnets so far.

Malarky said:
Any standard sb7j ripening up? I'm looking for that awesome pheno Steve and Patrick had. I'd love to SASBE or buy ISO seed. I haven't seen that phen in yellow yet. The yellows just look like bonnets so far.
Always find the SB7J to be the last to mature hopefully I will again get the desired shape. Can't compete with your heat and humidity so pods are usually a lot smaller ... I have two SB7J Yellow plants from Romy6 one is starting to colour up but the pods are small ( photos to follow soon) but they have that grass hut shape rather than the Red Atomic Mushroom ... the other is in a smart pot and pushing out bigger pods but they are only F2 so we have a long way to. As you mentioned Pheno I noticed the "Hippyseed Company" has a Red and Yellow SB7J ... nothing like I have ever grown not gnarly at all ... smooth skin shown in the photograph
Devv said:
I'm really liking the shape of the P. Dreadie select pod! ;)
Thanks out of two plants pushing out lots of standard P. Dreadie pods this pod is the only one so for eligible to be called a "select" ... hopefully more will follow soon

stickman said:
You've gotten some really nice-looking pods under the mini-hoophouse John! Do you know what the parentage was for the Jamaican long?
The Jamaican Long according to my notes was given to me by a British Forum member called Superhot Sim. He no longer lurks but has gone to the dark side - Face Book. Justin on his grow page 11 #205 has a photography of a mature pod hopefully he can comment on taste ... I will try and make contact with Sim and answer your question

Trident chilli said:
The Jamaican Long according to my notes was given to me by a British Forum member called Superhot Sim. He no longer lurks but has gone to the dark side - Face Book. Justin on his grow page 11 #205 has a photography of a mature pod hopefully he can comment on taste ... I will try and make contact with Sim and answer your question

Cheers John! That's a cool-looking pod. :)

Trident chilli said:
Update ... at last some colour

Beth Boyd SB

Saraga SB

Obeah - immature pods

Yellow Primo x NagaBon

SB7J x Neyde
John those are some nice pods you have there congrats!.
The Saraga SB looks like the Sengals I've got so maybe there not crossed but growing long .
I like the yellow primo X Nagbon bet that one is real fruity & hot !
Also John when you save seed how many pods do you usally save form?

Trident chilli said:
Rick spoke to Superhot Sim he said he got it in a secret Santa swap so was unsure who sent it to him and where the variety came from. I will save seed for you

Cheers John! That's very generous of you. :dance:

Now that you've got ripe Bonnets, will you be making any Jerk rub or hot sauce?

Back