• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Trident's Bonnets 2016

Once again it's that time of year ... sowing miss labelling and no shows. Thank you to all that have helped me find new and obscure bonnets and hybrids. This forum generosity has been staggering and the Christmas Cards across the pond full of seed have worked well in both directions ... clone tent cleaned T5's dusted off

Firstly the usual suspects

Elysium Oxide - Mustard
Elysium Oxide - Rust
ScotchBrain F4 - Meatfreak
NeBru7
Trinidad SB x 7pot
SB Foodarama Red
SB Foodarama Yellow
MoA Yellow
SB Jamaican Yellow
SB P. Dreadie
SB Peach
SB Atomic
SB7J
SB FreePort Orange
SB Allen Boatman

New for 2016

SB Saraga Orange Short Pheno - jcw10tc/Fiogga
SB Saraga Orange Long Pheno - Fiogga
SB Jamaica Orange Long - mpicante
SB Jamaica Orange Short - mpicante
SB Yellow CCN ( Cross Country Nurseries ) - mpicante/Mr Bigglesworth
SB x TSM x Red Annuum F2 - Fiogga
SB Chocolate x Black Naga - Heefy/PepperNorth
SB Yellow x Naga Morich - HotToddy
SB Yellow Foodarama x Yellow Fatalii - Dennish
SB Schneider Farm - Pulpiteer/Romy6
SB Caramel - Romy6
SB Jamaican Long - Superhot Sim
SB Mathew Arthur's SBN Red - Superhot Sim
SB Mathew Arthur's SBN Chocolate - Superhot Sim
SB MoA Red - Plantguy76
SB Stuffing - Plantguy76
SB Jamaica - Mr Bigglesworth
SB x UBSC Red - Heefy
SB7J Yellow F1 - Romy6
SB7J Select - Steve Queen
2SB7J F1 - SB7J x MoA - Steve Queen
Neyde x SB7J - Chili Riot
Pimenta Leopard x SB7J
Obeah F2 - MoA x Reaper - Steve Queen
SB Mystery possible x BG - HotToddy
PA 353 - look alike Bonnet - Fiogga

Having successfully grown Borg9, UBSC Brown and Yaki last season I thought I would again grow a few hotties after a lot of thought I have chosen four ... Aji Jobito x BBG7 - Fiogga (Sandra) ... alot has been said about Aji Jobito all good things ... seed from Joe Delaney and BBG7 from Chris Phillips - would be nice if everyone included a seed/variety in this year's grow of Chris's

I am sure Sandra would not mind me posting her photograph

Well we have all heard and seen the great work "Medecins Sans Frontiers" do around the world especially in war torn areas. Sandra's daughters partner is part of Doctors Without Borders and probably whilst her daughter might say "take care" Sandra may say "If you see a chilli grab it" .. I love a story so my second hottie is simply another of hers named "DWB Columbia Red with tail"

Finally third and fourth choice "Arkansas Peach" a Sawyer Reaper variation I understand - Pulpiteer ... Moruga x Douglah - Snagglepus ... Knowing me there may well be more ... thank you for looking

Loveing the podage intested to see what the moa reds look like when ripe.
There looking pretty cool & the SB X 7 pod looking awesome.
The obeah pods kinda got a bhut going on glad your Arkansas Peach or peach & not red had to pull mine as they just didn't do anything.

Back from a few days away so I have a lot of glogs to catch up on ... quick run around the poly tunnel captured these
Top row - Justin's Jamaican Long
Middle - Beth Boyd's
Bottom - Justin's Marabella Market Red, Mpicante's Orange Long, P.Dreadie Select

Bonnet hybrids .. Yellow Primo x NagaBon and PDN x SB7J

Finally the colour of this bonnet is outstanding Justin's Cappachino
Thanks for looking in ....

Time for an update ... but before that well done USA great first day you gave us a 4-0 thrashing ... highlight was a British spectator shouted "I could do better" to this one of the Americans placed a $100 bill on the putting green ... the spectator promptly sank the putt and took the money 4-1 America ...

Front view

Saraga SB

Schnieder Farm SB

Jamican Long SB

Obeah F2 Reaper Pheno

Butch T x NagaBon

Foodarama Yellow

ScotchBrain F4

P. Dreadie standard

PDN x SB7J lower canopy mixed colours

Top of canopy deep purple two pods remain PDN

Thanks for looking in

Very nice poddage John! Will your proximity to the Channel keep the overnight temperatures up for a while longer? We're up in the hills about 240 km inland, and our overnight lows are about 4-6 degrees C.

Hey, John, finally got a chance to peruse your grow log.
Very nicely done this season.  it looks like the polytunnel is rockin'
your grow this year.  

I suspect your season is winding down there, as well - the greenhouse
should serve you well as temps cool down.

The Brit that sunk the 100$ putt,put his money where his mouth was,
alright!  Guess you shouldn't speak up unless you can back it up!  That
was a great moment...

stickman said:
Very nice poddage John! Will your proximity to the Channel keep the overnight temperatures up for a while longer? We're up in the hills about 240 km inland, and our overnight lows are about 4-6 degrees C.
Rick I am in-land about forty miles from Southampton which would be my nearest Channel port the night time temperatures have been around 7-10c with day time up to an average of 15c. I normally finish work around 14.00 so I get home and open up the poly tunnel hoping the sun can dry out any moisture as once the mold sets in its a challenge ... at the moment my thoughts go to any forum member who lives on or near your east coast ... Mother Nature can be unforgiving ....

PaulG said:
Hey, John, finally got a chance to peruse your grow log.
Very nicely done this season.  it looks like the polytunnel is rockin'
your grow this year.  

I suspect your season is winding down there, as well - the greenhouse
should serve you well as temps cool down.

The Brit that sunk the 100$ putt,put his money where his mouth was,
alright!  Guess you shouldn't speak up unless you can back it up!  That
was a great moment...
Yes Paul all is starting to slow down as I replied to Rick day time temperature not much above 15c with cool nights. It's been a long season as I normally sow between Christmas Day and New Year ... MoA Red just starting to colour but SB7J dragging their heels ... overall I am pleased would have been nice to have got a true OBEAH but the Reaper Pheno has been too prominent ... top of the class has to be the Jamaican Long and Justin's Cappuccino SB ( created by a forum member "Wayright" ) ... Chiliriot's PDN x SB7J is a awesome cross and Mpicante's translucent Orange Long SB has the appearance of a stain glass window ... finally both Beth Boyd's Yellow SB and Andy - Pulpiteer's Schnieder Farm SB have been show stoppers .....

Here is an update ....

Top left to right ... Aji Jobito x Bubblegum .. P. Dreadie
HotToddy mystery cross ... Arkansas Peach .... PDN x SB7J
Schnieder Farm ... Saraga .... single ScotchBrain
Obeah ... Jamaican Long .... Orange Long

Red Marabella Market SB and a single Cappuccino SB

From the indoor Growtent a Matthew Arthur SBN Red

Matthew Arthur SBN Chocolate

Back