Trinidad Morovas

Hi chilihead
Today I recived some seeds in the mail from Chris. Among the seeds Trinidad Morovas…. He knows I am BIG fan of all and any Trinidadian peppers.. well I was ahead of him at this time … I have planted this pepper Trinidad Morovas this past season. Due to the short growing season the plant didn’t produce enough pods to share on the websit… and I didn’t even try how it tasts. But when Chris sent me the seeds this week I said I need to try it.. so I went to the green house and pick one.. first of all the yellow golden pod is big to huge for c. chinesne .. the flavor is very aromatic citrusy c.chinese.. the heat was like the fatalii. If I remember right. My overall evaluation for this pepper it’s a great cooking or hot sauce making … now I don’t know what the name means.. but I know this is one of the local peppers from Trinidad and I will post it on the website even though the supply is very limited, but this will give some of you guys the opportunity to explore what this Morovas is about…

hpim3290h.jpg

hpim3291.jpg

hpim3292.jpg

hpim3294g.jpg

I should have known you may have had it as you have a big Trinidad collection. :) I was hoping it was a new one for you.

Chris

do you know why chris... i am working on a project called TPP triniand pepper Prorgame where i collect, document, and share all and any pepper from Trinidad or Tobago... i even registered domian name for this reason... its abig project i will have to realse when i have every thing i need. the project includes me conducting field trips to trinidad and tobago and collect any and every possible pepper from that country...
have you ever heard of Trinidad Coffe pepper.i have some this year its just fro decoration not to eat

do you know why chris... i am working on a project called TPP triniand pepper Prorgame where i collect, document, and share all and any pepper from Trinidad or Tobago... i even registered domian name for this reason... its abig project i will have to realse when i have every thing i need. the project includes me conducting field trips to trinidad and tobago and collect any and every possible pepper from that country...
have you ever heard of Trinidad Coffe pepper.i have some this year its just fro decoration not to eat

Thats sounds like your really putting alot of effort into this, great job and looking forward to hear more about the trinidad and tobago peppers! This one is a stunner as well.

Now that sounds like a good initiative Judy! :) I would love to go to Trinidad someday. Yes, I have heard of Coffee Pepper. There is a purple version too I believe. As much as we know about Trinidad stuff now, I imagine we haven't scratched the surface of all the treasures in existence. Probably local farmers know of many nice varieties. Best of luck with your project. You'll make many happy cbileheads.

Chris

Back