• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Trinidad Scorpion Appreciation Grow Event 2010

WOW, these were supost to be red,what a surprise:
trini. scorp.#1,red
100_0874.jpg

trini.scorp.#2
100_0869.jpg

I got the seeds from AJ,thanx again AJ,what a great suprise....wow
100_0875.jpg

100_0868.jpg

My Trini IPod finally matured:

P1030522sm.jpg

It had been, until this weekend, the ONLY pod on my Trinidad Scorpion.

However, this rare and interesting little thing popped up a couple of days ago:

P1030524sm.jpg

I will be keeping an eye on it to see if the 'doughnut hole' remains as the pod grows. :)

Great looking yellow Scorpion you've got growing WGB. Let me be the first to ask for some seeds from that plant.

Have you had a chance to taste it yet? Let us know as soon as you do.

Alan

This will be my first year saving hot pepper seeds,I hope to have seeds from the red and yellow Trini.Scorp.,and the choco. Hab.I may over winter 1 of each plant...have to run it by Mrs.WGB first.lol
100_0882.jpg

100_0883.jpg

so, if I do get good seeds I'll post here over the winter (around Christmas) and who wants some will be able to message me.

I have a couple questions:
where do we submit the pics of the T.Scorp. pod we want judged?
do we show measurements of width height, etc.,or use a common object placed next to the pod?
is there a date we do this by?
I've been enjoying both the reds and yellow ones for a couple weeks now and I just remembered i need to save a couple for the forum.
100_0883.jpg

100_0882.jpg

How's the heat in the yellow strain? I'm still looking for a yellow scorpion that has serious heat. :)
The heat is a bit milder than the red version.but it does kick a cerano's ass big time.I wish I would have recorded the first one I poped in my mouth,I wont do that again anytime soon.they are being used in sauces and just dried some for cooking spice.

Do scorpions seem to take longer than other varieties to set flowers? I have butch t and some strain from cross country nurseries and none of them have set flowers yet. All of my other plants have pods on them.

WOW, these were supost to be red,what a surprise:
trini. scorp.#1,red
100_0874.jpg

trini.scorp.#2
100_0869.jpg

I got the seeds from AJ,thanx again AJ,what a great suprise....wow
100_0875.jpg

100_0868.jpg

you are welcome WGB...I deliberately crossed a few of my yellow 7s with some of my scorpions...good to see a yellow one finally showed up...I have no pods set yet on mine...Garrett...its probably the heat that is keeping them from setting fruit...with this cool down we are having, pod set is imminent...

here are a few shots of my trinidad scorpions...I have 29 plants...

082510c001-1.jpg

082510c002-1.jpg

082510c003.jpg

082510c005-1.jpg

for those that got their seeds from me...anyone else noticing the "varigated" look on any of your plants...I think the varigated ones show a more pronounced "stinger" than the regular green ones...just tryin' to figure this thing out...I can give them epsom salt and they will green up a bit, but the varigated look never disappears...

would love to see pics from those that got seeds from me...hope they are all doing well...

How's the heat in the yellow strain? I'm still looking for a yellow scorpion that has serious heat. :)

Well, my yellow scorpion was a little bit disappointing. Used the whole pot for one meal, but the heat was still "ok". Expected it to be a little more stinging. Heat was at Fatalii level.

Here's one of your scorpions AJ. Not the best pic, sorry about that.

IMG_5782re.jpg

Here's one of the pods on it. Babies got back!! It is just one pepper.

IMG_5784re.jpg

Most of my plants are looking bad. Kind of happy the season is coming to an end. I have to figure out my problem, second year in a row it's laid waste to my peppers.

Back