• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Trippaul Threat (PdN x BMJ) Community Grow

This is a dedicated grow log for Tristen's awesome cross, which I
have been growing out since 2014.  I'll start with a bit of history and
some photos documenting what's happened so far.

In January of 2014, Tristen (Trippa) sent me a little care package of seeds.
In the package were two generations of a cross he had made, which he just 
called 'Mystery Cross, F1' and 'Mystery Cross, F2'.  

Here's Trippa's Mystery Cross seedlings in February of 2014:
_DSC1203a_zpscfa08c86.jpg

_DSC1215a_zps824b6b30.jpg

Both generations showing the purple foliage characteristic since the beginning.

Up close look at Trippa's Mystery Crosses, F1 and F2.  Both culled to a single
plant after the photo taken, so I only had one plant of each generation:
_DSC1256a_zps34e3c6e6.jpg

CaneDog said:
Great results, Paul!
Thanks, buddy! Luck holding for now.
Why do that, when PdN x BMJ F3 v2 rolls off the tongue so easily...?  :)

:rofl:

b3rnd said:
My two Trippaul Threat Violet plants:

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Oh wow, great looking starts, Bernd. I hope
they just go bonkers for you! Really nice color
and leaf shape!

:cheers: to great success with them!

PaulG said:

Oh wow, great looking starts, Bernd. I hope
they just go bonkers for you! Really nice color
and leaf shape!

:cheers: to great success with them!
Thanks! I'm very happy to finally have some of these growing. Last year none of my seeds germinated and I was really disappointed. Great to be a part of this grow! Hopefully we'll see some nice plants. Really looking forward to your TT 2.0 run and the TT Yellow, should be great.

b3rnd said:
Thanks! I'm very happy to finally have some of these growing. Last year none of my seeds germinated and I was really disappointed. Great to be a part of this grow! Hopefully we'll see some nice plants. Really looking forward to your TT 2.0 run and the TT Yellow, should be great.

Thanks for posting your progress, my friend!
I'm pulling for a some nice plants in your grow.

Should be an interesting season for the Trippaul
Threat. I hope the TT v.2 and the F8s of the various
colors produce great results.

Well hello there. :)

trippaul-up.jpg

I should have room to pull at least one extra out and grow it in rock wool, so provided these guys stay healthy, I'll have at least two plants. It's not much, but hey, I'll do what I can.

[edit: Didn't even notice the third hook in there until after I'd taken and uploaded this picture. Ha! So maybe three plants.]

Pepper-Guru said:
Just sowed my TripPaul Threat Yellow!

I’m also in a position to be able to send out a football/round robin of a ton of TripPaul Threat White, Bhuter White and Violet F7 seed if we can get enough folks interested in it. Have about a gallon seed total combined. Open Pollenated and Isolated.

I'd be more than willing to grow TriPaul Threat White and Bhuter violet, ISO if available...

Pepper-Guru said:
Just sowed my TripPaul Threat Yellow!

Im also in a position to be able to send out a football/round robin of a ton of TripPaul Threat White, Bhuter White and Violet F7 seed if we can get enough folks interested in it. Have about a gallon seed total combined. Open Pollenated and Isolated.
I definitely want to grow some tripaul threat in 2021. I'm all filled up this year already

Trippa said:
Ok so I just saw this ... Hopefully just a coincidence ... And not a direct rip off ... Would be disappointed if it was. The naming etc is uncannily close

https://thehippyseedcompany.com/product/thors-thunderbolt/

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Seems like I heard people talking/growing the Thor's Thunderbolt before Purple Thunder got it's name.  Not 100%.  Maybe someone else remembers.

In the pic above it looks like your pods' anthocyanin might be degrading toward an ivory pod color underneath. There's a gene that control retention versus degradation of pod anthocyanin as pods mature, which I assume accounts for either a purple (has gene) or ivory/ yellowish-white color (lacks gene) in the finished pod.  Pimente de Neyde to my understanding produces a mature ivory pod, but also with the anthocyanin retention gene, so the ivory gets covered by the purple.  It's a very cool look the way the color it is right now!

Back