• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

trouble...

A few of my seedlings have sprouted... then a few days later I check them and 2 of them wilted... Ive never come across this at such an early stage.. at this point they either sprout or dont, why are they sprouting then dying?

Suggestions please!

xo nicole

Dampening off is fungii related and I believe is usually associated with poor drainage, overwatering and/or infected soils.
What medium are you starting your seeds in, and whats the environment like?

Its pretty Ghetto... Styrofoam cups, holes in bottom using a pencil )lots of them(, Theyre in a clear plastic storage box, a few inches taller than the top of the cups with a matching plastic top on the box to seal in the heat. I have a heat mat under them and a grow bulb above.

That would happen to me last year when the soil would dry up, they would wilt to the soil and once I added water they would stand back up within an hour.

You can try to do what i`m doing.Found it here and works great.Check the thread germination aides from a while ago.You have basically all the components you need.It`s a thread on how Neil THSC does his and is very very successful.I`ll be starting my grow log tonight and will post a pic to give you an idea .You won`t have to water at all.Makes it own live eco system.

Something similar happened to me last year, what I suspect mine was was some sort of pest, there were these small black bugs all the place that hung around my plants and it seemed to be the larva or some form of this fly in the soil and it seemed to either kill or eat the roots, then the seedlings just withered. Don't know if anyone has better information about what I'm talking about? But bug spray got rid of them anyway...

Its pretty Ghetto... Styrofoam cups, holes in bottom using a pencil )lots of them(, Theyre in a clear plastic storage box, a few inches taller than the top of the cups with a matching plastic top on the box to seal in the heat. I have a heat mat under them and a grow bulb above.
Once they sprout remove the lid, or just remove the sprouted cups from under the lid and put them beneath the light with a little air circulation to aerate the surface of the medium and build stocky stems.

Keeping the medium's surface drier and removing the lid will help prevent damping off.

Back