• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Trying to figure how just how it is I'm killing these two.

solid7 said:
Sorry to hear that.

Now, this is a little unorthodox, and I know it puts many people off... But often, the people who have the hydroponic gardens - especially the ones who use the "Vertigro" system - give away the coco from their previous crop, for free. Salt buildup would be a problem for them, but if you let it sit in a pile (compost) for a while, it is worth it, for me. Especially if you want to incorporate it into a large container or worm bed.

That probably isn't an option for you if you're growing indoors, but just a thought.
thats not a bad idea... i wish i knew some weed growers or what ever... id totally take their old coir off their hands. especially considering how short their growing cycle is? like 90 days? yea id take a truckload of that in a heartbeat.

i dont know any weed growers though. unfortunatly.

i did find 3cubic foot bails of compressed peat... "premier horticulture" brand, but i can tell its the mexican stuff. same as baccto. its twiggy, but it seems to be mostly spag? and some sedge? it does not have that rich coffe brown, its a bit darker than that, but its not super dark like pure sedge.

its only 10 bucks...around 3.33 a cubic foot, so im probably just going to run this cheap peat this season and reevaulate what im doing next season.

solid7 said:
Except that it IS entirely different, because a plant that is removed from the cloner is optimally healthy, not sick, as the one the OP posted. And there is no reason to remove anything but the soil, which most likely hasn't even had root penetration yet, anyway.
I will give you the red print part. But I disagree with the previous remark. The plant in question is not sick, it is both under nourished and under hydrated.

queequeg152 said:
thats not a bad idea... i wish i knew some weed growers or what ever... id totally take their old coir off their hands. especially considering how short their growing cycle is? like 90 days? yea id take a truckload of that in a heartbeat.

i dont know any weed growers though. unfortunatly.

i did find 3cubic foot bails of compressed peat... "premier horticulture" brand, but i can tell its the mexican stuff. same as baccto. its twiggy, but it seems to be mostly spag? and some sedge? it does not have that rich coffe brown, its a bit darker than that, but its not super dark like pure sedge.

its only 10 bucks...around 3.33 a cubic foot, so im probably just going to run this cheap peat this season and reevaulate what im doing next season.
Well, I'm not talking about weed growers, in this case. It might be a food co-op, maybe a "pick your own" tomato or strawberry farm, etc. You could basically start your search with ANY local hydroponic grower. THey literally just throw the stuff on the ground when they're finished with it.

The Vertigro system is quite popular, and they use coco coir exclusively. Basically, they are stacked containers, in which they've figured the flow out rate, and add the nutes drain-to-waste style.

So, I just went to the local hydro shop today, and I can get 2.5 cu ft compressed bales (5kg) for $11.

CAPCOM said:
I will give you the red print part. But I disagree with the previous remark. The plant in question is not sick, it is both under nourished and under hydrated.
Fair enough. If the only difference is between what you would do, or what I would do, then the OP has got a viable option either way, I suppose.

solid7 said:
So, I just went to the local hydro shop today, and I can get 2.5 cu ft compressed bales (5kg) for $11.

Fair enough. If the only difference is between what you would do, or what I would do, then the OP has got a viable option either way, I suppose.
I concur, I think he got more than enough.

[Content removed] because I was just fueling the fire. Apparently it's about winning an argument, not how to use peat moss, lol.

Dave2000 said:
So long as you understand that you're an idiot. Different mediums retain water differently and you should adjust your watering accordingly.

Everything else you wrote was just an attempt to distract from the fact that you don't understand that, and are too vain to learn anything. You can't do it, others can. You are the last person to offer insight when you fail at such simple things as not overwatering.

Please just GTFO of this. Really, I mean REALLY???!!! You really can't even figure out when to stop watering?

This is the most absurd and laughable conversation I've ever had, when all the dumbass I was arguing against had to do, was stop over watering.

AGAIN: Different soil compositions have different water retention and re-watering requirements and limitations.

You're just plain stupid if you argue that it's important to over-water then argue that over watering will cause a problem. How about just not being an idiot instead?
Whatever you do, don't stop until you show everyone how right you are. You're on a roll. Go get it, boy!!!

Mr. Last Word is in the house! :D :D :D

The OP has a couple of plants that are both under watered because he has them in coir and only waters once a week and has not been feeding them. the plants need a good dose of both. I commented about not recommending coir and WWIII started. So to speak.

High 5 brother!!!

Back