• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

recipe-help Trying to recreate my favourite hot sauce help needed

Hi all,

I've recently got into making hot sauce and have fell in love with it.

I've been trying to make a similar version to a hot sauce that I enjoy but finding it difficult to replicate it.

I prefer to make my own at this stage and it will save money as a bonus

Ingredients as they appear on the label

Water, Distilled Malt Vinegar (BARLEY), Red Jalapeno Mash (Red Jalapeno Peppers, Salt, Acetic Acid), Salt, Xantham Gum, Garlic Powder.

Per 100g
calories: 14
Carbohydrates: 1.56
protein: 0.34
Fats: 0.08

Could someone who has experience throw a rough guess of how much per 100g is jalapenos mash, vinegar and water please?

It's been driving me nuts to figure it out.

Im not even sure it's possible to do

Any help would be really appreciated of it was :)

Thank you

That's a very basic red jalapeno sauce. You can use fresh peppers because the mash here is just mashed peppers, no fermenting. It sounds like a wing sauce or Frank's type sauce? Get some malt vinegar, red jalapenos, salt, and garlic powder together and try it out. 

Could be a private label sauce that shares many names as well. But that seems to be one of them if not it.

Demented said:
Yes it is, see ingredients lifted from the website.>CALIFOODS - TIJUANA - HOT SAUCE

CALI1.jpg

The Hot Pepper said:
Could be a private label sauce that shares many names as well. But that seems to be one of them if not it.

I think you nailed it........They seem to have a number of varieties:

vMGaZFY.png

Ger said:
Any help would be really appreciated of it was :)

Thank you

Considering the Tijuana flavor is available in National Chain Stores in the UK/Ireland for 3 BUCKS US $ Why try to duplicate it? Buy this one & Try creating something new/different.

Back