• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

tsurrie's 2023 glog

Here we go again...

In fall, I got some seeds from SineNomine and decided to try and grow all of them and also a few from my previous season.
PaulG also sent me seeds but the envelope stuck somewhere on the way. A shame for those nice seeds but let's hope they are growing somewhere else :)

Planted them on 2nd Feb.

Here's the list:
Tasmanian Black (from PaulG via SineNomine)
Trippaul Threat (from PaulG via SineNomine)
Purple Thunder (from PaulG via SineNomine)
Pimienta Puta la madre (from SineNomine)
Papa Joe's Scotch Bonnet (from SineNomine)
Papa Dreadie Scotch Bonnet (from SineNomine)
Fatalii (from SineNomine)
Aji Jobito (from SineNomine)

Red Savina Habanero (s. 2022)
Chocolate Habanero (s. 2021)
Calita Red Habanero (s. 2022)
Caribbean Red Habanero (s. 2021)

Today I checked on them and noticed some hooks, so I started the glog for the season.
The winner of this year contestants is Pimienta followed by Fatalii.

group photo
1676123418248.jpg

Pimienta
1676123418237.jpg

Fatalii
1676123418226.jpg

So, thank you Vivian and Paul and here's to another great season :cheers:

Last edited:
First harvest of the season.

Red habaneros, Papa Joe's, Fatalii, Aji Jobito, Papa Dreadie's, Chocolate Habaneros, Red Calita's and Red Savina's
harvest04092023.jpg

Tried Aji Jobito and it is very mild, almost no heat at all, delicious but mild habanero taste
ajijobito04092023.jpg

When is Trippaul Threat ready to harvest? Anyone? Paul? :)
trippaulthreat04092023.jpg

Thanks for stopping by.

2nd harvest
harvest15092023.jpg

Will make some yellow powder too this time. I also plan to cook some sauce from Chocolate habs and another from Scotch Bonnets. Any tips for ingredients on the yellow one ?

dehydration15092023.jpg

Plants have a few left so there will be harvest #3 for sure.

Fatalii
fatalii15092023.jpg

Chocolate hab
chocolates15092023.jpg

Papa Dreadie
papadreadie15092023.jpg

Papa Joe's
papajoe15092023.jpg

Red hab.
redhabs15092023.jpg

Red Savina
redsavina15092023.jpg

First harvest of the season.

Red habaneros, Papa Joe's, Fatalii, Aji Jobito, Papa Dreadie's, Chocolate Habaneros, Red Calita's and Red Savina's
harvest04092023.jpg

Tried Aji Jobito and it is very mild, almost no heat at all, delicious but mild habanero taste
ajijobito04092023.jpg

When is Trippaul Threat ready to harvest? Anyone? Paul? :)
trippaulthreat04092023.jpg

Thanks for stopping by.
Depending on which pheno you have going of the Trippaul threat... they look very much like they have thrown to the pimenta de neyde parentage so maybe they will stay the dark purple?? Most of mine either have turned a light violet or gone to a cream colour on ripening over the years. Of course there are always throwbacks in genetics

Depending on which pheno you have going of the Trippaul threat... they look very much like they have thrown to the pimenta de neyde parentage so maybe they will stay the dark purple?? Most of mine either have turned a light violet or gone to a cream colour on ripening over the years. Of course there are always throwbacks in genetics

Thank you. They look like they will stay dark purple with maybe just a hint of red. Will pick some these coming days and try one. I need to check the other plant I have on the garden to see if there is any difference.

Second round of dehydrating (that was in the beginning of october)
roundII.jpg

Third large harvest
harvestIII.jpg

There are Trippaul threat pods in the left one and you can see they have turned light purple to creamy color.

Third round of dehydrating (that was last week)
roundIII.jpg

Fourth round is dehydrating already since yesterday, so there will be plenty of heat over the winter.
That is probably the last batch. Got just a few left on some plants - those I will eat fresh.

Most of the pots are done for the season.
pots_done_season_end.jpg

Excellent harvest @tsurrie. Congrats on having such a successful season!

Back