• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

TurboGrower too small for peppers?

Hey guys, I was wondering if you thought the turbo grower is too small for peppers? Would you get a drip or a flood and drain?

It's 22"x36" with a 25 gallon resovoir. I want the drip system but the ebb and flow is 100$ cheaper at my local store

13124_AAHSTGAERO.jpg

375 DRIP
275 Ebb/flow

I found a store on ebay that has the drip for 275 with free shipping, but I like to support my local business.

If these are too small I was wondering what you thought between these 2 systems, "the waterfarm 8 pack" and the "CAP ebb and gro"

CAP The Ebb & Gro (comes with 12 planters and is expandable to 48+) is the most versatile ebb & flow system on the market. With many growers going from large numbers of small plants to fewer, larger ones, the Ebb & Gro fits the bill! It is a simple system that uses 2 pumps and gravity to flood and drain the planters about 3 or 4 times per day.
ebbgrow.plants.jpg

WaterfarmThe WaterFarm 8-pack is eight WaterFarm module units connected to one General Hydroponics Controller: an integrated 13 gallon reservoir and an 8 gallon controller unit. The Controller will keep each unit topped off with the correct level of nutrient for low maintenance. The kit is powered by GH's Dual Diaphragm Air Pump, and includes all the necessary hardware, supplies and General Hydroponics Flora Series nutrients. The grower can arrange the WaterFarm units in a design that is suitable for any environment. Pack them tight or space them out for your growing situation. The WaterFarm 8-Pack is the system for big growers.

25372_GH4720.jpg

i love the last two photos..
i would go for one of them.. i think they would be perfect if you had the room for it...

very cool

How much are they trying to charge for those? A lot of hydro systems can be built for like 1/4 the price of what stores want to charge. Not trying to discourage you, because i really like the waterfarm systems. Just saying a lot of them are overpriced.

I could get the waterfarm for 289.95 shipped to the door. All I would have to do is go get some hydrotron for 33$ + tax per 50 Liters.

If I built it myself it would cost a little cheaper, but without the insurance everything is perfect. I'd still need at least 25 feet of airline tubing too.

8x Black 5 Gallon Standard Bucket $3.49 each $27.92
8x 2 Gallon Black Plastic Pail - $3.27 $26.16
8x FarmKit $14.98 $119.84+tax
Controller System (accommodates 8 Farm Modules) 69.98 +tax
50literHYDROTRON 32.95+tax
AIR PUMP at least 30$

TOTAL $306 + building

I might be able to make the farm kits myself, but i just dont know where to get the parts. the buckets are food grade and from US PLASTIC. I could save more money by bulding my own controller with a float valve. Something I have never done before. I think 290$ to the door is an awesome value. When they ask 375$ or more is when I get a little upset lol.

OH EDIT: and I cant find the Cap EBB & GROW for anywhere under 400$

Nice 289 shipped on the waterfarm sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Main reason I build things is I usually can't afford pre-made systems lol.

Waterfarm seems like best choice to me, i really dig the squarrels as opposed to round buckets and it's modular so you can expand if you need to. Whatever you choose keep us posted.

yeah im probably going to go with the waterfarm, I guess it pays off to be able to space things out when the plants get bigger. Also the fact that it comes with some nutrients adds some more value.

Five gallon, food grade buckets around here are $1.79, the lid is an extra buck. Net pots and airstones are $1.50 each. An 8-outlet air pump is $55. The tubing is 10¢ per foot. It would be a DWC system, though.

Mike

I've made one individually. this was just for fun for smaller plants if I ever find any :) I just cant seem to plant anything that's not peppers. I painted this afterwords (to lightproof), but from now on will always paint them first

l_3b041155d8844c26bef343a70ff4eed3.jpg

FiveSix,

Looks professional, except for a hole to add nutrients and check the pH/ppm or EC levels. I'm betting that thing will grow some great lettuce, basil, green beans, etc.

Mike

wordwiz said:
FiveSix,

Looks professional, except for a hole to add nutrients and check the pH/ppm or EC levels. I'm betting that thing will grow some great lettuce, basil, green beans, etc.

Mike

I can add that anytime :), when i built it i was bored and just wanted to see how it worked. If I messed up I could re-use everything except the lid :)

I was wondering, do you think this would work with 7 really small ornamental bonsai peppers? that would be fun:hell:

You mean like Cloning the mother and keeping her pruined? or keeping a Clone from a mother pruned when it grows out. Sorry I just woke up and I'm dumb lol

Back