• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

two bhut jolokia strains from india compared

differences of pod shapes from two different towns that came from india

gwahati

P1000197.jpg

P1000198.jpg

jorhat

P1000202.jpg

P1000200.jpg

one is stubbier, both are around the same length, the other is thinner.

i have yet to test one or crack one open. soon.

btw, the jorhat ones actually ripen from light green to dark green to shades of brown then orange then a bright red.

the gwahati, i have yet to get one to ripen. lol.

i just thought these two strains be interesting.

Very interesting, it appears as though my bhut plant is gwahati. I am waiting for one to ripen also.
Thanks for the pic bro. :)

mine is like the jorhat version of bhut. :) even the leafs are similar. the ripening colours are the same as well.!:)

blistering heat!! i have tasted it. :) i gave one to Kiddc to taste as well. :)
got 4-5 ripe pods in my plant now. wanna make some sauce by adding to my tabasco chillis.

Srin i will try and get you some of my dorset x tabasco seeds. Neil is in the process of stabilizing so still are f1 (thanks boutros) . I have tasted a pod and this is something that seems like you would be after.

Srin i will try and get you some of my dorset x tabasco seeds. Neil is in the process of stabilizing so still are f1 (thanks boutros) . I have tasted a pod and this is something that seems like you would be after.
Thanks nova,looking forward it.got any pictures of it. These were discovered when you were passing around your Dorset naga seeds. Right?

I will try and fin the pic on my phone Srin.

@ Franz sorry for you not understanding, just bad english on my behalf!

Heres my plant, i noticed this morning before leaving for work that one of the pods had started to ripen over night!
2011-04-29070501.jpg

2011-04-29070607.jpg

I got given this plant from an in-law when it was just a little poorly looked after baby and wasn't expecting to get many if ANY pods of it this season, it's got ten really nice sized pods on it now :D

I will try and fin the pic on my phone Srin.

2011-04-29070607.jpg

I got given this plant from an in-law when it was just a little poorly looked after baby and wasn't expecting to get many if ANY pods of it this season, it's got ten really nice sized pods on it now :D
its a beauty!! Nova!! :onfire:

That does sound pretty cool. I really want to see a chiltepin x bhut/naga, or chiltepin x scorpion though. Or a fatalii x cumari (yellow one). Hmm...maybe I'll try my hand at one of those this year.

Back