• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

two bhut jolokia strains from india compared

Srin i will try and get you some of my dorset x tabasco seeds. Neil is in the process of stabilizing so still are f1 (thanks boutros) . I have tasted a pod and this is something that seems like you would be after.

Hey Scott, the ones boutros got from you were f1
so if Neil is growing the next generation from those seeds then they will be f2,
I'll be growing the f3 this season it would be good to compare pods of Neils with mine

so if Neil is growing the next generation from those seeds then they will be f2,
I'll be growing the f3 this season it would be good to compare pods of Neils with mine

I'm envious of everyone. Out of a packet of bhut seeds I got two to germinate, one survived to flower, then survived lots of abuse to produce one pod.... and the pod had a worm in it :cry: Its still alive but doesn't look good and its dropping its flowers. Got some new seeds on their way.

Don't want to hijack the thread but.... how many crosses does it take to stablise a new species?
and how many generations can you get through in a single season?

I read lots talking about cross breeding chillies and what is possible and how it takes a long time to get a stable strain and I have lots of questions on this stuff anyone know of a thread on here that goes into detail?

Cool JR i did have that thought about it being an f2 instead of an f1, still though it hasn't been proved a stabile variety. What say you? Is 6-7 gens enough to satisfy you that a variety is stable? Thats the kind of numbers i would be looking for.

here's another jorhat

P1000277.jpg

sheesh, those gwahatis are taking their time to ripen up.

that there is from another plant.

Cool JR i did have that thought about it being an f2 instead of an f1, still though it hasn't been proved a stabile variety. What say you? Is 6-7 gens enough to satisfy you that a variety is stable? Thats the kind of numbers i would be looking for.

I'd agree or at least where the phenotype hadn't changed for 3 generations????

Back