• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Two Different Chiltepes

Ok... Im sure all of you know what a chiltepe is. I have been paying closer attention to chiltepe bushes that I come across. Yesterday I encountered a wild chiltepe bush on the street and now I can compare it with the chiltepes from the bush in my office. The two peppers are completely different. One is round and the other is pointy. As to the flavor the elongated ones are very tangy while the round ones are a bit bitter. Will save some seed to try to grow these. Here are two crappy pics with a pen to show size of the peppers. BTW, the ripe color of both is orange, not red (just in case anyone was wondering)

25092008254.jpg

25092008255.jpg

There seem to be a few Chiltepe variety's about some Annuum`s and some a mixture of Annuum/Glabriusc one of yours is certainly Chiltepe (PI632932),I have some from Brazil,Ecuador and Chile. :)

Chiliac said:
Feed them to birds, they'll do the job for you! :)

To right lol..Just let them dry and take the the seds out then,Amazingly some pods have 5 seeds in and there tiny either nice smokish aftertaste and plenty of moderate heat :)

Nice find Andres I have Timplin bird & it it very hard to deseed those small pods , plant have couple hunreds pods it take forever to get it done smaller of Cumari.

915river said:
Nice find Andres I have Timplin bird & it it very hard to deseed those small pods , plant have couple hunreds pods it take forever to get it done smaller of Cumari.

It does take time and Patience thats for sure :)

lol...this thread has been dead for 15 months...

Back