• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Tybo's 2020 Grow Log

Well after looking through lots of glog's, I decided to try doing one myself.  Hopefully I can keep it updated regularly and improve with photo quality along the way.
That being said------I"M LATE!  Yep, this first post is 10 days late.  Meaning I started some seeds 10 days ago.  I guess my excuse is that we've been trying to get ready for the holidays here.

Anyway, I was lucky enough to get on the 2019 seed train and when B train showed up here, I was able to get some seeds that I probably wouldn't have thought of getting on my own.

It's a little early to start my main grow but I wanted to get something going so I chose to start some wild seeds that I got off the train.  Some of these came from Canedog.  (The Cap. 524 and 1445 and Cumari Pollux I bought)

So on December 13th I started 8 varieties of seed.  8 in rock wool and 8 of the same varieties in seed starting mix.
Here is a pic of them in their General Tso's starting tray.  They are sitting on a heat mat.

IMG_1995.jpg

The first pepper was coming up on the 22nd so 9 days for my first one!  It was the CGN Cardenasii.  

IMG_1999.jpg

The cotyledon's are so tiny!

IMG_1998.jpg

I tried to upload a Page's drawing I made showing square's with the names of the peppers and their location but I can't upload it.  I get a "don't have permission" error when I try so for now I'll just do this manually.

Chacoense        Chacoense       C. Praetermissum       CGN
Puta Pario          CAP 524                                               Cardenasii
                                                                                       (sprout 12/22)                        (Seed Starting Mix)

Cumari              Rocopica           Chacoense                        ?
Pollux                Cardenasii          CAP 1445                    Unknown
                                X
                          UNK Rocoto
These are the seeds in the starting mix.  The rock wool cubes have the same seeds in the same order.
I'll try to get a photo and post later since I can't upload the file.  

(CD, hope I got the names right!)

I'll update as things progress.

Edited to add that the unknown listing is because the writing on the envelope got smeared and I couldn't make out the name.  I'm pretty sure it was a wild variety so I went ahead and planted them.  Hopefully they germinate and can be identified later.

Tybo said:
Went out back today to see if anything was ready to pick.  There were a few bonnets ready but they all had bug holes in them.  The Aji Charapita was loaded with some ripe ones.

attachicon.gif
chara.jpeg

I picked these and there are quite a few green pods still on the plant.  If the weather holds out I should get plenty more.  
I have dried a bunch of these.  Anyone have any suggestions as to what else to do with them?  Anything authentic?
Thanks

I've never grown/tried the Aji Charapita, but a quick online search tells me these have a fruity taste and are milder than the chiltepin, which I do know. I usually add a couple chiltepins to a taco (breakfast egg tacos with these are great, they wake you right up when you happen to bite into a pod). I would use the Aji Charapita the same way, but it would seem well suited to add some kick to fish tacos. One idea:

Your pick of a white-fleshed fish (we usually make these with yellow perch or rockfish)
Some coleslaw (cabbage, mayo, cilantro, lime)
Your kick - in this case Aji Charapita - I'd imagine you could add a couple pods per taco, or make a paste with some garlic...

giphy.gif

I'm drooling...

Back