• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Uh-oh will they live? - UPDATED PIX

Hey everyone I have a problem but am not sure how big of one it is or if it's fatal. We transplanted 252 plants on Friday and in the course of doing so the trays of seedlings got a little outside sun. We had 14 trays of 18 pots and were able to put all but 1 in the grow room I brought the other here to my place as I have another light here. Then yesterday as I was moving some stuff around they I had em outside briefly and then todayI noticed they looked a little brown, not completely in spots, I actually lost a coty. This tray has some of the smallest starts as they are 7 Brains re-seeded because the first ones did not take . Here are some pics have I ruined them? Here's the one that lost its coty

IMG_9434.jpg

Here's its coty

IMG_2594.jpg

Here's a couple more hard to see the damage but it's there.

IMG_8677.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

So I'm assuming this is sunburn will they survive or ate they gonners? Freakin rookie mistake!

The images are hard to see sort of but Ive had a problem with spots on my plants also, I noticed the sprayer im using probably transplanted some mold spores or something also next time I'm starting plants im not going to spray the leaves, what im thinking is because they live in a hot dry climate they are not resistant to mold or fungus, I could be fooling my self though.

The images are hard to see sort of but Ive had a problem with spots on my plants also, I noticed the sprayer im using probably transplanted some mold spores or something also next time I'm starting plants im not going to spray the leaves, what im thinking is because they live in a hot dry climate they are not resistant to mold or fungus, I could be fooling my self though.

These look burned like from the sun .. never had that happen before think I let em sit outside a bit too long ..

Youll be fine. Monitor for the next few days, but I have had dozens of plants that lost a coty or 2 and were fine.

Youll be fine. Monitor for the next few days, but I have had dozens of plants that lost a coty or 2 and were fine.

My thoughts exactly!!
Just be careful of direct sun like when they're that small. You need to harden them off gradually, a partially shaded area works best.

My thoughts exactly!!
Just be careful of direct sun like when they're that small. You need to harden then off gradually, a partially shaded area works best.

Wasn't trying to harden off only had em out while I was rearranging some things. Man somehow this topic got posted twice. Thanks for your help. This tray has 7 Brains after the 1st batch didn't spout so this is my last attempt to get Brains

So you guys all told me these sunburned babes would be fine but they look a lot rougher today. Is this the normal progression for sunburned plants?
Here are fresh pix 48 hours after rookie mistake

IMG_2380.jpg

IMG_8742.jpg

IMG_8090.jpg

Talk about crispy critters .. still think they pull through ?

That is totally normal. Purpling isn't gonn kill your plant. I have a lot of seedlings with purple true leaves. Some of which dropped a coty. They got a bit burnt, but some plants are just prone to Purpling. Out of 120 seedlings, about 20% have some hint of purple. Once they mature it will settle into a nice and dark green, unless it is a purple variety.

That is totally normal. Purpling isn't gonn kill your plant. I have a lot of seedlings with purple true leaves. Some of which dropped a coty. They got a bit burnt, but some plants are just prone to Purpling. Out of 120 seedlings, about 20% have some hint of purple. Once they mature it will settle into a nice and dark green, unless it is a purple variety.

Yea was talking about the sunburn they got from a stint outside it seems to have gotten worse not to worried about the purple still thank you

The new growth looks fine, the damaged leaves will turn slightly transparent and fall off............... :cry: ............Treat those babies like a new born at the beach.

Greg

Thanks all ... I will stop stressing lol. It's just .. just
that these are my brain strains my second batch the first ones never popped so these are weeks behind the rest then I burn em .. Jeez so I'll just sit back and watch em rally !!

Thank Zeus' butt I found this thread. I've got a few burned babies...most with about a dozen true leaves. They were in a spot outside that sees a few hours of mixed/direct sunlight. I've since moved them under the porch, but want to start them on sunlight again soon. They are well adjusted to the temp swings of a North-Texas spring...low 50's at night, 80's in the day. I was told at the garden shop today to start leaving them int he morning sun for an hour, and bring them back into shade. Rinse, repeat, lengthen the time gradually over a few weeks. A few weeks???

Back