Ultra Hots

What are Ulta hot peppers you ask????
To answer, they are peppers that are hotter than super hots (which arent many)

A few examples of some Super hots are...
1.Bhut Jolokia AKA Ghost Pepper
2. 7 Pot Brainstrain
3. 7 Pot Jonah
4. Trinidad Scorpion Butch T
5. Naga Morich

I've noticed that there are some varieties that seem to separate themselves from the Super hot pack
Heres a few of the Ulta hots Ive tried...
1. megahots THSC Chocolate Scorpion
2. Moruga Brown and Moruga Chocolate
3. 7 Pot Brown (Brian) AKA compmodder
4. Brown Douglah x Trinidad Scorpion ( Mike Hess) AKA Smileyguy

Notice the pattern that all of the Ultra hots are brown in color? :think:
coincidence??? I think not! :mouthonfire: :censored:

I also believe Infinity is an ultra hot
I think the same can be said for the Yellow Moruga and both color 7 pot brain strains
oh yes also 7 pot primo

had a friend eat one of my Yellow Morugas recently said he had a

"I SAW GOD IN MY KITCHEN EXSPERIANCES" lol
YOUR LIST IS DEAD ON ACCURATE FROM WHAT I KNOW
THANKS YOUR FRIEND JOE

Never tried an Infinity before.
Ive tried a Yellow Moruga and a Primo before and neither one was nearly as hot as the Ultra hots I listed.
Maybe it was just the pods IDK. Typically, yellows are the weakest in heat but usually have the best flavor IMO.
Thanks for the comment Joe!

megahot said:
Never tried an Infinity before.
Ive tried a Yellow Moruga and a Primo before and neither one was nearly as hot as the Ultra hots I listed.
Maybe it was just the pods IDK. Typically, yellows are the weakest in heat but usually have the best flavor IMO.
Thanks for the comment Joe!
there quite hot and tasty

yeah I imagine just like most peppers they will vary in heat depending on growing conditions
your very welcome

thanks your friend Joe

ajijoe said:
there quite hot and tasty

yeah I imagine just like most peppers they will vary in heat depending on growing conditions
your very welcome

thanks your friend Joe
Agreed friend

Hmmm.
I might drop the Bhut off the list.
 Would add TSMB.

Have a bunch I am sure top 2 million SHU.

I have others that I am positive make the 2 million+ club, but they are unstable or unknown crosses.

Disagreed,
A Bhut is considered to be a super hot
maybe you were thinking I put the Bhut in the Ultra hot list?
Of course a TSMB is a super hot. I was just making a short little example list LoL. So I do agree withvyou there.

I can agree that most of the brown counterparts of the red superhots are a good deal hotter, with some being able to be called ultra hots.  But going on what I've eaten/reviewed, there is one red that I would put in that list: Judy's Red 7 Pot Lava.  Of course it cannot be considered stable yet, however.

I dont care too much about superhots but Brown Moruga powder gifted from Judy is ultra indeed :)
Where would you put the original Chocolate Bhut?
I find it a little overlooked lately but i've had a couple pods that were brutally hot in the past.

Cya

Datil

compmodder26 said:
I can agree that most of the brown counterparts of the red superhots are a good deal hotter, with some being able to be called ultra hots.  But going on what I've eaten/reviewed, there is one red that I would put in that list: Judy's Red 7 Pot Lava.  Of course it cannot be considered stable yet, however.
Ya, I remember you pod testing it Brian,
I only put what I have personally tested.
If you said the 7 Pot Lava should be in there, Im sure, eventually it will be. There is also the Chocolate Bhutlah that should be in there but again, its only the pods Ive tested.Thanks for the comment Brian!
Datil said:
I dont care too much about superhots but Brown Moruga powder gifted from Judy is ultra indeed :)
Where would you put the original Chocolate Bhut?
I find it a little overlooked lately but i've had a couple pods that were brutally hot in the past.

Cya

Datil
Hmmm. The Chocolate Bhut???
To be honest I dont think Ive tried a Chocolate Bhut, Ive tried a chocolate habalokia which has chocolate bhut in it. I would imagine it wouldnt quite make the ultra hot list. I know it would come fairly close, same can be said about the TSMB. Again, I cant say for sure since I have yet to test a chocolate bhut. I think Im getting one in the mail so I will be sure to test it if it comes.

Between ultra and super hots there are physical differencies?
For example, if i am not mistake, super hots have placenta that covers all around and it's a difference with a non super hot...
Ultra hot differs only for the higher pungency (wich is not a bad thing :D) or have a similar distinct characteristic?

At the moment i have experienced 7pod (i think Jonah but not sure), Trinidad Scorpion and Naga Morich.
Next year i'll go with moruga red, douglah and hp22b! :twisted:

Essegi said:
For example, if i am not mistake, super hots have placenta that covers all around and it's a difference with a non super hot...
Ultra hot differs only for the higher pungency (wich is not a bad thing :D) or have a similar distinct characteristic?

At the moment i have experienced 7pod (i think Jonah but not sure), Trinidad Scorpion and Naga Morich.

Placenta size is sort of a myth.

The way most of these guys cut the peppers, sometimes they look larger than they actually are.

Best to cut through the round side of the pepper up closer to the stem. It gives you a better idea of the true amount of placenta, rather than the long way slice that often cuts through the membrane creating the illusion of a much larger placental content.

Essegi said:

The Ultras have more capsaicin oil than the supers do

Back