• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

soil using pepper extract in the soil

ive got 4 birds eyes. 2 nagas. 1 habanero. 1 siam. 1 jalapeno. 1 cayenne. 1 anaheim.

Where can i get hotters peppers ?

The only person I know who has peppers hotter than the Naga is named Helen. You probably have to visit Helen Waite. :mouthonfire:

Mike

Volrathy said:
ive got 4 birds eyes. 2 nagas. 1 habanero. 1 siam. 1 jalapeno. 1 cayenne. 1 anaheim.

The only pepper I have heard of hotter than a Naga Morich is the Dorset Naga....they say it was tested at 1.5 mil SHU (but this figure has not been duplicated I don't think).

1,598,227 Scoville for the Morich. http://www.thechileman.org/naga_morich.php but who knows how accurate the testing was.

"The Naga Morich 'snake or serpent chilli' is one of the world's most sought after and fearsome chilli peppers. A recent sample of this rare Bangladeshi chilli was tested* using High-performance liquid chromatography and registered a mind blowing 1,598,227 Scoville Heat Units (SHU), that's 3 times hotter than the previous World Record Holder - the Red Savina Habanero or 300 times hotter than a Jalapeno pepper!"

* 2006 test undertaken by Warwick University UK for TV show Gardeners World.

Yeah! I saw that. The Morich site seemed to offer objective off site testing so I went with their numbers.

I had been having trouble getting any super burners by trade, since I did not have too much to offer in return. Thanks to AJ I am jumping in with both feet!

Dorset Naga is still a Naga, don't think it's any hotter (the same at best).
My comment is based on reactions people had after eating both.

Actually some people say they had the original Dorset Naga (straight from Dorset) and it was more like a hot Habanero, than Naga Morich.
I think they should be the exact same, just influenced by growing conditions (heat-wise).

Volrathy said:

If Naga Morich isnt hot enough for you, then God help you :hell:

POTAWIE said:
They are not exactly the same since the dorset was selectively bred for several generations.
Seem to me like they were selected by pod size and shape, not heat.
Again I'm relying on people's reports.

Indivual plant conditions can vary so much, it will be nearly impossible to definitively say one monster is hotter than another.

I don't know... in the last couple of weeks my heat tolerance is increasing.
Just six months ago a hab would have been super hot for me. now habs are spicy sweets.
That's not a good thing, I'm looking for that warm feeling that makes you sweat and shed tears.
I'll still pick peppers by taste, but hotter ones can't hurt. :lol:

POTAWIE @
That's what I'm saying... not that they're not hot, just that some people say they're less hot.

I personally wouldn't say they are less hot but I can't handle the extreme heat like some to be able to test often. The Dorset was my most productive plant but it was also started the earliest.

133640875317ed9bca76lf2.jpg

Yep, I remember you talking about your "2,500 pods plant"... lucky you!
Hope to get some of my Nagas to be that productive.

Maybe I will try to cross my dorset with my orange hab, it was my super producer last year (8 peppers on 3 inches of branch in one spot!2 nodes)
Would that work?

1500-2000 roughly but I lost count. The smoked naga powder I made is a real hit, much better than my Naga sauce attempts.

Back