• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

soil using pepper extract in the soil

what if i got like pepper extract and put it into a squirty bottle and squirted them every day would this make the chillis hotter ?

LOL NO ....if you do it your pepper plant will probably die ....what you cant do is shout your pepper with a niddle ?! LOL jk ....you just have to grow hotter pepper :)

The pod produces the Capsaicin, no the other way around.
I'm not sure how will the plant react to the Capsaicin, but it can't be good.

The pods and seeds that get scattered all over the soil when they get attacked by critters or naturally fall off, don't seem to cause a problem.

Yep, but that's a small amount.
Nothing is good in large amounts, even vitamins. :lol:
I'm just saying that extract (which is usually a concentration of Capsaicin) can't be a good thing.
Maybe it won't kill the plant, but it's not gonna make it grow better. ;)

Volrathy said:
what if i got like pepper extract and put it into a squirty bottle and squirted them every day would this make the chillis hotter ?
=================================
If you added extract to your sauce in your squirty bottle, you'd hae a winner.
If your peppers aren't hot enough, might I suggest that you grow a different type of pepper?

staffing said:
=================================
If you added extract to your sauce in your squirty bottle, you'd hae a winner.
If your peppers aren't hot enough, might I suggest that you grow a different type of pepper?
First of all you're right.
Also like the new avatar. :lol:

Stressing the plant is all that has been proven to make peppers hotter. I ate a stunted little cayenne that had barely survived a drought once. It was the only pod on the pitiful little plant. It was hotter than a normal cayenne, but who wants to almost kill a plant just to get a few stunted hotter peppers?

Last summer I sprayed my plants with hot chilli powder dissolved in water and sprinkled/poured chilli powder over the soil to stop my dog eating them. No it didn't stop Murphy eating them he just ate the powder, and no they weren't hotter, obviously.

Yeah, I've heard that too, like it can help with Blackfly and Greenfly. I bet cats wouldn't like it but my black Labrador just thinks it's treat time.

hehe no no no my cat eat as hot as me :shocked: I dont know why LOL ...I have exacly the the same viet pepper plant that bent have and my cats eat the leaves and pod ...so cat is not afraid buy caps ...strange !!!!

I tried sprinkling hab powder around the base of a plant and it seems to stop aphids from climbing it. I also made a spray with cap. oleoresin but it was hard to use without coughing.

Yes it does work! Put extract and vinegar in the soil and plant some onions and mangos next to it. It will ripen in its own little hot sauce bottle. ;) Just kidding, no, it won't work.

Back