shipping usps prepaid boxes

juanitos said:
Anyone used? https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?productId=P_PPSFRB&categoryId=prepaid-priority-mail

They seem pretty cool if you run a small operation and don't want to buy labels / printer.

Seems like they just come with a label already stuck on there and your return address printed, you just write the customer address on a couple lines and you're done. Seems like they only cost an extra 10 cents.

I think if you use that size of box allot that would be a good deal. Plus you could even save more money if they increase the cost of shipping in the future. They work on the same principal as the forever stamps.

I know a lot of sauce makers use these small flat rate boxes.  I hear you can fit three bottles in one but I was never able to make it happen.  I cant even fit one bottle with bubble wrap.  I received a shipment with at least two bottles from Scotty O' Hotty and the bottles were wrapped in newspaper. No thanks.  Labels are cheap but if you don't have a printer then why not just write the address on a piece of paper and tape it on the box?  You have to hand write with the prepaid label also.  But if you have a business you need a printer anyway.

This is what I do:

So a three pack using a full sheet of bubble wrap/bottle cost $5.70 + $0.22 = $5.92 and you will never loose a bottle.  I have shipped about 200 3-packs this way and have not lost one bottle.  Use a Regional A box and it may even be cheaper and will hold more.  I have never seen a flat rate box that was cheaper to ship.  They hold less and cost more than the other USPS boxes.  You just need to make sure the box fits in the flat rate padded envelope or the box needs to be labeled as Regional A, B or C.  So even if you don't use a printer, this set up still works.  But if you want to do it all from home (pay online) you will need a printer because the USPS s/w prints a bar code.

tctenten said:
I find it just as easy, and cheaper to just pay and print off of USPS.com. They actually give you a discount and you can print the label with ALL of the info on it. If you do not have a printer, this is certainly a nice option.
I use flat rate boxes most of the time and if you use USPS.com you do get a discount so it's a win win. Great minds think alike Terry lol

Use Regional Rate A boxes if you can.  Less expensive than priority most of the time.  Designed for small businesses.

Go to UPS.com and order as many of the padded mailers as you can for free.
Go to USPS.com and order as many Regional rate boxes as you can (15 pack and 10 pack), then order as many padded mailers you can (also free).

Roll each bottle in a padded mailer.  Don't pull the strip off, so it can be reused - less waste, maybe the guy receiving it can reuse it.  Place the roll in the box. Repeat till full.  Seal the box.

Order supplies each month.  have friends and family also order them too, and give them to you to quickly amass free shipping supplies.

You will find the Regional Rate A box costs like $5.35 to 9 to ship, where it would cost you 12.70 for the medium flat rate box... and even just the padded envelope costs you 5.70 by itself.

Insure your products for $50 or more no matter what you send.  USPS tends to pay you half if damaged.

Regional Rate A box is cheaper if your contents do not fit in a SFRB. I always use Regional Rate A boxes over MFRB since they are cheaper and depending on your interrogations you should be getting discounts through USPS. 

PepperDaddy -

In your process, what size flat rate USPS box are you using? Not the small one right, because you can't fit three bottles in there?

PepperDaddy said:
I know a lot of sauce makers use these small flat rate boxes.  I hear you can fit three bottles in one but I was never able to make it happen.  I cant even fit one bottle with bubble wrap.  I received a shipment with at least two bottles from Scotty O' Hotty and the bottles were wrapped in newspaper. No thanks.  Labels are cheap but if you don't have a printer then why not just write the address on a piece of paper and tape it on the box?  You have to hand write with the prepaid label also.  But if you have a business you need a printer anyway.

This is what I do:

So a three pack using a full sheet of bubble wrap/bottle cost $5.70 + $0.22 = $5.92 and you will never loose a bottle.  I have shipped about 200 3-packs this way and have not lost one bottle.  Use a Regional A box and it may even be cheaper and will hold more.  I have never seen a flat rate box that was cheaper to ship.  They hold less and cost more than the other USPS boxes.  You just need to make sure the box fits in the flat rate padded envelope or the box needs to be labeled as Regional A, B or C.  So even if you don't use a printer, this set up still works.  But if you want to do it all from home (pay online) you will need a printer because the USPS s/w prints a bar code.

Hellraising Hot Sauce said:
PepperDaddy -

In your process, what size flat rate USPS box are you using? Not the small one right, because you can't fit three bottles in there?

I'm using the one I linked to (1096L):  https://store.usps.com/store/browse/uspsProductDetailMultiSkuDropDown.jsp?categoryNavIds=shipping-supplies%3Apriority-mail&categoryNav=false&navAction=push&navCount=0&productId=P_O_1096L&categoryId=priority-mail

It's not a flat rate box but it fits inside a flat rate padded envelope.  It holds three bottles with a full sheet of bubble wrap on each bottle.  I have not tested how many it will hold using a padded envelope though.

Back