• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Vegetarian and Vegan Cooking?

So anyone here do any spicy vegetarian cooking? My gf is vegetarian borderline vegan (eats eggs but no dairy) and I've kind of managed to get her strung out on hot peppers so I find myself improvising a lot making things like chile rellenos using black beans and rice to stuff them with instead of cheese, green chile stew minus the pork, huevos rancheros minus cheese, etc.

I love bacon and hot dogs and steak as much as the next guy but honestly I rarely find myself missing them when I whip up stuff for us to eat together, and I've even found dishes I really like such as coconut ginger curry.

So anyone here have any spicy veggie dishes they care to share? Most of what I see here seems to be along the lines of cheese wrapped in bacon batter dipped and deep fried in butter (which sounds pretty good lol) but I figure someone here eats a vegetable dish now and then.

Some old pic's from previous posts

Runny Dorset jam on top of this juicy eggplant/tofu stack
mushroomcreation001.jpg

Spinach pizza

spinachpizza.jpg

we batter and fry 5 gallons or so of eggplant each autumn and freeze them for general tso's eggplant all winter long...

also freeze a couple gallons of baba ghanoush... mmm...

Vegetarians can't eat bacon? First I have heard.
I thought bacon got a pass because you use nitrates like plants. Hence vegetarian.
If I were you I would double check before I posted such nonsense on the internet. People could get hurt.
I’ll post more when I get back from the mosque.

Back