• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in Startup Help.

fermenting Verde Ferment

Decided to attempt a Verde ferment today.

Its pretty basic but should have a low/medium heat range, well for us normal chili-heads, might be a bit spicy for mortals.

Jalapeno, serrano, and some picked green black cobras, ghosts, habanero.
Salt, filtered water and a whey starter.
Behind the Verde is a red hab ferment that finished about 10 days ago.

Depending on how eager I get, this will go for 30-90 days before processing.
Tasted nice before I placed into its jars, just imagining the flavors later, my mouf is watering!

Looks good!  I never got around to a verde ferment.  All of mine turned out red, except for one that is a crazy yellow.  Aji pineapple, white jolokia, roasted peaches.  Not sure how good it is going to taste.

@FGpepperguy, that sounds quite tasty! Hopefully by running this in a ferment it will maintain its beautiful green color that it is. This is my first time fermenting a verde sauce, Ive always cooked a verde and have used tomatillo's and usually by the end of processing bright green turns out not so bright.

@Rocketman, thats an interesting combo, I bet its darn good too!

@pnak0tic No tomatillo in this verde, straight-up green peppers. I was just saying that this is the first time fermenting a verde sauce for me, but all the other times when cooking a verde sauce Ive used tomatillo. But no tomatillo in this ferment.

@pepperguy, It (using 1 gallon jugs) seems to be working out favorably for the ferment. This is the 3rd using the jugs. I guess if ya can go through enough Carlo Rossi you could have a pretty good supply of these babies on the cheap. ;)

Back