• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Very exciting news....

...well to me at least.

I read today in the local weekly that Roky Erickson is planing to do an album with one of my favorite guitar players:

Billy Gibbons.

:onfire:

Makes sense because they are both veterans of the Houston 60s psychedelic scene. Man, I hope this happens.

:pray:

never heard of them. but that name "Gibbons" sounds like its from the Bee-Gee's or some other disco band. it just sounds familiar.

chilehunter said:
never heard of them. but that name "Gibbons" sounds like its from the Bee-Gee's or some other disco band. it just sounds familiar.
That'd be Gibbs...i'm no fan, but they grew up near here.

then how does ZZTop fall into the 60's psychedelic scene ? IMO they're FAR FROM the psychedelic scene ! plus I really dont know this part but were they even around in the 60's (meaning mainstream big time)

& yes I have ZZTop's greatest hits, as for the Bee - Gee's ! no way in hell I'll buy their crap!

chilehunter said:
as for the Bee - Gee's ! no way in hell I'll buy their crap!

Know what you're sayin' there. I've got a few gigabytes of really early blues through to 60's 70's guitar bands on mp3 if anyone wants to do a swap pm me, i'll post them out on dvd's.

Yo' Bent...real early blues from the 60's and 70's? Try the 20's and 30's bro.Charlie Patton, Robert Johnson, Son House et.al. As for the Rev. Billy F. Gibbons...he was in a Pshyc band, The Moving Sidewalks in the late 60's. Opened for none other than the Bruce Lee of rock....Jimi Hendrix. Check out Billy's book "Rock and Roll Gearhead". If you dig cool cars, guitars and such...super book! Then again I am biased. One of the reasons I ever picked up a guitar was when I heard "La Grange" for the first time. That Lightnin' Hopkins/John Lee Hooker Texas style boogie tore my head clean off!!

Yes texas blues - From real early blues (woody guthrie, robert johnson, leadbelly, sonny terry, billy holiday etc.) through to more recent like tom waits & Keb Mo. I've been collecting 'em most of my life.;)

ok ok, I guess billy gibbons was around the music scene back in the 60's as for the other guy I've never heard of him before, or those bands for both of them.
but I dont consider ZZTop psychedelic music, not even close!

Back