• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Very Important Day in History

hopefully we'll be celebrating another prohibition being repealed in my lifetime. That is if reason wins over propaganda. I don't have much faith when it comes to human beings being reasonable.

imaguitargod said:
Ummm....no.

Prohibition was lifted on April 7, 1933. I know because I like beer and I posted this thread and everyone bar in Cleveland was having a special........

From Wiki: In 1933, the state conventions ratified the Twenty-first Amendment, which repealed Amendment XVIII and prohibited only the violations of laws that individual states had in regard to "intoxicating liquors". Federal Prohibitionary laws were then repealed. The amendment was fully ratified on December 5, 1933.

Mike

Iggy,

There is a law, someplace in the annals (or anals) of Ohio law that says that it is impossible to get drunk drinking only 3.2 beer (which doesn't exist anymore, at least not in the rules beer companies used to sell it several years ago). I can't say I know anyone who ever used it but supposedly, if you got pulled over for DUI and could prove that all you drank that day was 3.2 beer, you could not be convicted.

For the record, you can get just as drunk drinking what was sold as 3.2 as what was sold as 6 percent - you just had to drink a few more. I can personally verify this.

Mike

imaguitargod said:
Well, this first beer I brewed came out to be 2.7%....and I've been drinking a ton of that.....hehehe

2.7 percent? Where is the fun in that? You'd have to drink about 247 of those beers before reaching critical mass and taking your pants off over your head.

Cheers, TB.

texas blues said:
2.7 percent? Where is the fun in that? You'd have to drink about 247 of those beers before reaching critical mass and taking your pants off over your head.

Cheers, TB.
Not enough DME....has been rectified this brewing season because I'm going to have something around 11%. But the 2.7% one is tasty. I'm going to up the DME and make it a blackberry fruit beer.

Back