Veterans Month Membership Special and Giving Back

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Veterans Day? NO! Veterans MONTH!

Starting NOW, ending 11:59 PM ET Nov 11 (Veterans Day), The Hot Pepper will donate 50% of all net membership funds to Operation Homefront.

There are many military charities but I did my due diligence and really like OH (no not Other Half! but that too ;)). They REALLY help!

operation_homefront.png

Operation Homefront is a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit whose mission is to build strong, stable, and secure military families so they can thrive — not simply struggle to get by — in the communities they have worked so hard to protect. For over fifteen years, we have provided programs that offer: RELIEF (through Critical Financial Assistance and transitional housing programs), RESILIENCY (through permanent housing and caregiver support services) and RECURRING FAMILY SUPPORT programs and services throughout the year that help military families overcome the short-term bumps in the road so they don’t become long-term chronic problems. Operation Homefront has consistently earned high ratings from leading charity rating services, including Charity Navigator, which gave OH 4 Stars for 10 consecutive years for superior service and accountability. At Operation Homefront, 92 percent of expenditures goes directly toward delivering programs and services to the military families who need it most.

Charity Navigator recently scored them:
★★★★ (of 4)
Overall Score & Rating 96.00
Financial 95.22
Accountability & Transparency 97.00

Also, when you donate, you can specify campaigns (Needs) to donate to, much like a list of "gofundme" pages, so you can allocate the funds how you see fit. To the overall charity, or specific campaigns, or a combo... a la carte style.

The Hot Pepper will donate 50% of all net membership funds (new or renewal) when purchased during the stated timeframe, and will post the results of the donation to let you know exactly HOW and WHO you helped!

New Extreme Memberships
Renewals Only (Click your current membership under Purchases and then Renew.) If you would like to renew but cannot due to the time period or are having trouble, contact me and I will generate an invoice for you. Even if you just renewed, you can add to your time and support vets!

Thank you for your service, and thank you for your patronage.

THP

You've done a TON of cool shit on this forum, Boss, but this one is WAAAAAY up there on the 'Awesome List!' I'm not a "Vet in need" or anything like that, but I love seeing people step up to take care of the Men and Women who really need and deserve our support. This really hits home for me, and I can't say Thank You enough for hosting a promotion like this. Good on you, Boss!

Semper Fi

The Hot Pepper said:
Veterans Day? NO! Veterans MONTH!

Starting midnight (12 AM ET) Oct 11, ending 11:59 PM ET Nov 11 (Veterans Day), The Hot Pepper will donate 50% of all net membership funds to Operation Homefront.

There are many military charities but I did my due diligence and really like OH (no not Other Half! but that too ;)). They REALLY help!

attachicon.gif
operation_homefront.png
Operation Homefront is a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit whose mission is to build strong, stable, and secure military families so they can thrive — not simply struggle to get by — in the communities they have worked so hard to protect. For over fifteen years, we have provided programs that offer: RELIEF (through Critical Financial Assistance and transitional housing programs), RESILIENCY (through permanent housing and caregiver support services) and RECURRING FAMILY SUPPORT programs and services throughout the year that help military families overcome the short-term bumps in the road so they don’t become long-term chronic problems. Operation Homefront has consistently earned high ratings from leading charity rating services, including Charity Navigator, which gave OH 4 Stars for 10 consecutive years for superior service and accountability. At Operation Homefront, 92 percent of expenditures goes directly toward delivering programs and services to the military families who need it most.

Charity Navigator recently scored them:
★★★★ (of 4)
Overall Score & Rating 96.00
Financial 95.22
Accountability & Transparency 97.00

Also, when you donate, you can specify campaigns (Needs) to donate to, much like a list of "gofundme" pages, so you can allocate the funds how you see fit. To the overall charity, or specific campaigns, or a combo... a la carte style.

The Hot Pepper will donate 50% of all net membership funds (new or renewal) when purchased during the stated timeframe, and will post the results of the donation to let you know exactly HOW and WHO you helped!

New Extreme Memberships
Renewals Only (Click your current membership under Purchases and then Renew.) If you would like to renew but cannot due to the time period or are having trouble, contact me and I will generate an invoice for you. Even if you just renewed, you can add to your time and support vets!

Thank you for your service, and thank you for your patronage.

THP

You are awesome Pookie!!

:cheers:

Sheesh! Such great people around here. SmokenFire is a moderator and did NOT need to re-up his membership, as it is gratis since that is a volunteer position, but he insisted on re-upping, a great way to kick this off!

PS. I had posted this starts Oct 11 but of course this counts, so I may as well just say it starts NOW! :cheers:

My thing is that I did not serve but 4 years and I saw no serious conflict.  So many men and women served longer and / or harder.  Hard service changes a person and tends to put huge pressure on families.  The government itself just doesn't get it.  Government veteran services just arent enough and never will be.  Not until Congress is composed of veterans or at least working class folk.

Hey Pookie, hit me up with an invoice!  I'm not due for renewal until July.

Also, since I'm broke and feeling generous, if you know of a member that would appreciate  an Extreme membership (maybe a service person?) I'd sponsor one additional membership.  

Back