• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Vezena Piperka

Hello and welcome to my Vezena Piperka glog.

I have started 6 seeds which have just sprouted, they will be starting life under lights and when our days get a bit longer I will move them into a room that gets 80% of the days sunlight, then when it warms up outside Ieill move them into the greenhouse. They will be growing in a organic soil mix.

I dont know so much about these chilies but they certainly look cool and the reviews I have seen say they are very tasty.

I see there are 2 versions, one that produces large pods and ther other produces small. I believe I have the large ones.

From the little bits of information I can find about Vezena Piperka they seem not to produce alot of pods, but what they lack in yield they make up for in taste and cool looks.

First photo, the Vezena Piperka are the ones in the purple pots

Attachments

• 20200205_092940_resize_74.jpg
    20200205_092940_resize_74.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 145
From the photos I have seen online the pods look like they will be a solid dark red. The one I picked today was a. Effected by the sum scald and b. Wasnt fully ripe.

The weather this year has been cold, it's still dropping down to around 0C at night so planting anything outside or even in the greenhouse isn't really a option right now although I do have a few sacrafical plants out there so I can gauge when to move the rest of them out. On the plus side it has been very sunny this year so everything I have inside by the windows is growing very well, I have a dorset naga that's already 1.2 meters high and 1.3 meters wide with about 100 pods growing and hundreds of flowers. I can't wait to get that bad boy into the greenhouse. 

2TgeEiX.jpg
NfeWJTS.jpg
TaaNqPP.jpg
AuEcwuA.jpg
zZLM1OT.jpg
tE7qLpP.jpg
XGUSSJP.jpg

Longer days are really pumping up your
window plants.

All looking really great, Swing'!

I'm starting to think that my vezena piperkas are cursed.  3 of them have a spidermite infestation that I didn't notice because the edema they suffer from covers every inch of every leaf underside making it extremely difficult to see them, I only noticed once they started making webs on the internodes.  I just took them into the shower and sprayed them with grönsåpa (I think it's similar to dr bronner castile soap), neem oil and water mix.

Xe62A3U.jpg
wOcCu8x.jpg
oDDIkH0.jpg

Your plants look just great. Hope you can get
the VP turned around, that last pod pic of solberi’s
is awesome!

Back