• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Vietnamese Spirng Roll Appetizer

I made a little snack when I got home yesterday. Turned out awesome!!

I marinated thinly sliced pork chops in Hui Hui (thanks SD), Chili Garlic Sauce, and Fish Sauce.
WP_000427.jpg

WP_000429.jpg

Then chopped up carrot, onion, cow horn pepper, cilantro, spinach.
WP_000431.jpg

Let the meat marinate for 2 hours and cook it up on the stove.
WP_000432.jpg

Everything prepared
WP_000433.jpg

Then the final product!! :dance: still have to work on my rolling skillz. Made a dip with Mr. Yoshidas, Sriracha, and grated ginger. YUMTASTIC!!
WP_000434.jpg

I made a little snack when I got home yesterday. Turned out awesome!!
:dance: still have to work on my rolling skillz. Made a dip with Mr. Yoshidas, Sriracha, and grated ginger. YUMTASTIC!!
WP_000434.jpg
I LOVE these things! I make them a lot in the summer when you don't want to eat too hearty a meal or anything hot. I usually lay a spear of fresh cucumber alongside the salad roll and wrap the whole thing in a big lettuce leaf, and dunk it in the sauce. Other good dipping sauces are lime juice/fish sauce/garlic chile sauce/ sugar and a little water, and Hoisin sauce/chopped peanuts/peanut butter/garlic chile sauce and a little water to thin it out.

DB,
Looks great & you're making me hungry...it's one of my go to apps. It's a little time consuming but always a hit with the crowd.

@ Stick- I love the peanut and hoisin sauce, but the old lady is not to fond of it. Cucumber WILL go in the next ones that sounds great.

@ DB- It does take a little time but well worth it. BTW the culantro is strating to grow. I got little sprouts.

@ Spice- These are ingredients that i alway have on hand, but you dont have to have these exact things. You can put just about anything in those spring roll wrappers.

I love those! You can make them with all kinds of main fillings. Shrimp, fried tofu, vietnameses style bacon, whatever, it's all good. I usually eat it with the peanut butter+hoisin+sriracha sauce, but sometimes I dip it in nuc mum.

Our culantro all went to seed in the spring and we haven't gotten any sprouts yet, aargh!

Back