• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

vincent's 2013 season ***10/22/13 SUPER HUGE MEGA 40ish PICTURE UPDATE***

Well well well. Here we are again folks. Spent the last couple days getting everything all set up how i would like it to be (heat mat temps, lights hanging in right position, and the never ending task of finalizing a grow list. But i think ive done it...lol. i will be using a hydrofarm 4ft, 6 bulb, T5 fixture along with a heat mat set to88 F. I did not soak seeds overnight as i did last season so ill see if it makes a difference. Im putting litt. Ms. Oriah down for a nap at the moment but will post the final grow list here shortly

Pics to follow my friends.

Vincent

Doesn't having one dedicated light for seedlings make life so much easier? Things be looking real nice Vincent.

Wow everything is looking so good. Going to be a forest before you know it.

I sure hope so.

I'm definitely going to be making some of my neighbors and friends happy with some plants. I have I think around 115 plants and i've only got plans to keep 30...woops, oh well its always better to have more than you need than to need more than you have. I wish I knew of a good way to mail plants out and I would try sending some to members on here.

What type of starting soil are you using?

If you are asking what I started the seeds in, I mixed it myself: Vermiculite, and coco coir

If you are asking what I potted the seedlings into, I mixed it myself as well: Perilite, Vermiculite, and Sphagnum Peat Moss

They havent had any fertilizer yet, they have only had something called Rapid Start (its something the guy that owns the local hydo store gave me for giving him some seeds) its made by General Hydroponics and only has trace minerals in it, I dunno its supposed to jump start root development, I just figured I'd give it a shot. It normally costs 24$ for a one ounce bottle and he just gave it to me so I figured what the hell I'll give it a go.

Hi Vince
I got a 1oz bottle of RapidStart under similar conditions. Last year I watered with seaweed extract... it'll be interesting to compare the two by plantout.

Hi Vince
I got a 1oz bottle of RapidStart under similar conditions. Last year I watered with seaweed extract... it'll be interesting to compare the two by plantout.

Ah nifty, yea so far I havent seen any noticeable difference but maybe it's doing something I cant see yet.

"only to keep 30"

good luck with that Vincent.

Haha, well I tried to limit myself by only having 30 containers, I can't plant in ground here because its mostly clay and rocks so I only have homes for 30 plants. I guess I could always go out and buy more....but I havent done that yet.

Your babies are looking great Vincent! They are growing fast!

Thanks man, I hope they dont grow too terribly fast, I only have (2) 6 X 3 folding tables and the one 4ft 6 bulb light, I dont wanna run out of room haha. Well if this year is anything like last year then I will have plants outside by March 13th.

Wow them babies are growing like weeds man! Awesome start.

Thank you good sir. I think I just have the beginners luck. This is my second time growing from seed and out of the 144 seeds I planted this year I think I ended up with like 103-108 that came up the first go round. I may be impatient, but I give the seeds 15 days and if they show no signs of popping up then they get dumped and I start some new seeds. The naga vipers have been giving me the most trouble. I harvested and dried the seeds myself and did everything the same as my other seeds so I know its not improper storage or anything but man they have taken forever. Out of the 12 seeds I planted I finally got 2 to come up...hooray.

Got side-tracked there woops, Anyways Thanks Jamison.

If you are asking what I started the seeds in, I mixed it myself: Vermiculite, and coco coir

If you are asking what I potted the seedlings into, I mixed it myself as well: Perilite, Vermiculite, and Sphagnum Peat Moss

They havent had any fertilizer yet, they have only had something called Rapid Start (its something the guy that owns the local hydo store gave me for giving him some seeds) its made by General Hydroponics and only has trace minerals in it, I dunno its supposed to jump start root development, I just figured I'd give it a shot. It normally costs 24$ for a one ounce bottle and he just gave it to me so I figured what the hell I'll give it a go.

Thanks for the info, you have great looking plants, I too am in Alabama and haven't started yet this year and just wondered about your soil type, thanks.

Good news on the Vipers. Have extras if you need em bud.

Thanks man, hopefully these 2 will survive for me

Thanks for the info, you have great looking plants, I too am in Alabama and haven't started yet this year and just wondered about your soil type, thanks.

Yea i saw you are in athens. Ive never checked but im sure huntsville has a hydro shop. Ive got alot of extra plants. If you wanted to meet sometime i'd gladly give you some.

Just a couple random ones

20130130_154551.jpg

20130130_154538.jpg

20130130_154335.jpg

Back