• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Visit to Cajohn's and my Black Mamba experience

Yea ok ... you are the only one arguing. I have seen and heard this before and it doesnt seem like it would come from someone who is 37 -- Please two replys to this thread and you are off -- this is just old.
I'll just sit back humbly laughing while reading your posts. They all sound alike anyways...
you are just another drop in the bucket

Whoa whoa whopa, let's all calm down, I just re-read this whole thread and it didn't seem to me that shawn was tring to be arrogent. He just likes really hot stuff, knows what his limit is and wants something to get up to that level.

LUCKYDOG said:
Please two replys to this thread and you are off
Two replys with attitude. How many did you expect me to read before saying something? I see that you even went over to my other thread and replied with a sarcastic comment. Nice. So, I'll kindly ask again. Can you stop responding to my posts? Just ignore me from here on out. Simple.

Sorry to everyone else who has to read this kiddy crap.

imaguitargod said:
Whoa whoa whopa, let's all calm down, I just re-read this whole thread and it didn't seem to me that shawn was tring to be arrogent. He just likes really hot stuff, knows what his limit is and wants something to get up to that level.
Thanks man. I don't know what this guy's problem is.

Ok I'll try to get us back on topic. Shawn, I went through what you are going though (looking for the hottest) and I worked my way up trying a few drops on a chip until I reached The Source. As I said earlier in the thread, it's not worth the money, BUT, it is the hottest you can buy for less than $100. I wouldn't recommend it for wings though because of its thickness. I would suggest maybe buying some of Defcon's Zero when it comes out again, or even better (for the money) just buy a bottle of DM MKII and go from there. I have never had the Demon Ichor, but it sounds to me like it is very hot. Since I haven't had it I can't do a comparison of that and the DM MKII. I did eat it straight on wings when I got it, and since then I have been mixing it. It was just two damn hot straight for me. Maybe if you get a bottle you could give your -and your friends'- opinion on it. Good luck.

Jay T,
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I would like to try the Source but I just can't make the jump to $85+ bucks. That $59 Ebay deal apparantly was a one time thing. I am seriously think about DM MKII. I am sure its hot. And even **if** its not as hot as Ichor... it supposed to mix extremely well with BBQ so it doesn't matter if I used a lot.

Well you get a big bottle so you can use a lot! Keep your eye out for The Source on ebay if that is really what you want. I bought one from them for $55 two years ago, and a friend of mine got the same deal that you saw, last year. I'm sure it will be there again. If you want it, I have the email address for that particular seller. She can probably get you one if she doesn't have one now. PM me if you are interested.

Sickmont said:
I usually use JD just to spike up some BBQ stuff occasionally, not for straight consumption(i'm not too thrilled with the taste of extracts....except, of course for Defcon 1...yum!). As for Demon, no i haven't tried it yet but im always willing to swallow lava(so to speak). I'll have to give it a try and see what it's like.

I feel the same way with extracts. I actually like megadeath mixed in my barbeque sauce when I make barbeque chicken. VERY tasty combination actually. If I want really hot and taste I actually really enjoy the new Lethal Ingestion. That stuffs tasty and hot as hell. Very good stuff and no extract taste. Also, I keep hearing about this Defcon 1. I've been telling myself I'd order some and still haven't got around to it. I'm going to have to order some soon.

shawntmartin said:
Seriously? You think you know the kind of person I am because I'm trying to find the hottest sauce I can get in my price range? You think thats arrogant? You think I'm "coming off" as a tough guy for that? Seriously? My 1 yr old baby and I met "Cajohn" himself and I asked him for the hottest stuff he had. He surely didn't treat me like he thought I was arrogant. Heck.. he gave me a tour. Ask him if I'm arrogant. I think you got it wrong, bud.
I explained that I'm not trying to be some bad a$$ that can handle anything. I ask the questions because I want to find something as hot as absolutely possible... not because I think I'm a tough guy, but because if its hot enough (Ichor, for instance) then I'm only going to use a few drops. A few drops is enough product to cause EXTREME heat but not enough product to change the BBQ flavor of the wing. Take Dave's Insanity for instance..not too EXTREME. So to get the heat level I enjoy it takes so much product that Dave's overpowers the BBQ...and it's ruined. Thats why I ask for the hottest there is at my budget level. So there is actually a good reason behind wanting something as hot as possible. And let me enlighten you on something. There has always been a hint of attitude in your replys to my posts. So maybe you should rethink things before you go accusing other people of being arrogant. If I wanted to be some tough guy... I surely wouldn't think doing it on a hot sauce forum would be the way to go about it. Keep in mind.. you come to my threads and post with attitude. I don't come to yours and post *anything*. So who is the guy trying to be tough? My last two replys to you have been sarcastic only because I'm tired of hearing the attitude in your replys to my posts. Why don't we do each other a favor.. you don't reply to anything I post from now on.. and Ill do the same. You have a 37 yr old man arguing like a school kid. Rediculous.
I just quoted this because I was curious where Cajohn's shop is in Ohio? If I'm ever near there I think it's something worth checking out. I sent a comment back to his on-line website doing a review on his Lethal Ingestion sauce a little while ago and by his response he seemed like a likeable guy. I'd like to check his place out.:cool:

rabbit said:
by his response he seemed like a likeable guy. I'd like to check his place out.:cool:
I've met and hung with CaJohn quite a few times and have spoke with him over the net a few others. He's nothing but the most respectful, kind person that you would hope him to be. Great guy. Unusually calm and centered too....

JayT said:
I think he is in Columbus.
Yep, that's where he's at.

imaguitargod said:
I've met and hung with CaJohn quite a few times and have spoke with him over the net a few others. He's nothing but the most respectful, kind person that you would hope him to be. Great guy. Unusually calm and centered too....

Yep, that's where he's at.

Cool, thanks for the info guys. Next time I'm in the Columbus area I'll be sure to stop by there.:cool: Heck, IGG if you live in the area as well whenever I go we'll have to eat a lunch that burns twice while I'm at it.:hell::lol:

rabbit said:
IGG if you live in the area as well whenever I go we'll have to eat a lunch that burns twice while I'm at it.:hell::lol:
I'm about 3 hours Noth, in Cleveland, OH. But depending on if I have a job (ie: cash coming in) when you come through the area....I just might be down for a dive down to Columbus. I know an AWESOME brewery just a few blocks away from where CaJohn's store is.

imaguitargod said:
I'm about 3 hours Noth, in Cleveland, OH. But depending on if I have a job (ie: cash coming in) when you come through the area....I just might be down for a dive down to Columbus. I know an AWESOME brewery just a few blocks away from where CaJohn's store is.

Sounds like an AWESOME plan IGG. Whenever I'm in the area in the future I'll give you a heads up. I don't live super close so it'll have to be when I'm down in Ohio already, but I'm down there a couple times a year. It'll be fun for sure.:cool:
Also, I mixed up Cleveland with Columbus...DOH...lol!! Columbus is good. The next time I see my friend in Kentucky to go deer hunting I'll stop by there on the way. It's kind of hard to miss that city.

imaguitargod said:

I'll second that. Wonderful person. Answers his own phone too. I wanna come too... Maybe the day after the Weekend of Fire???

JayT said:
I'll second that. Wonderful person. Answers his own phone too. I wanna come too... Maybe the day after the Weekend of Fire???
I think I have a doctors appointment on that day.....we'll see....

Back