• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Vizcaya Habanero sauce.

First ingredient is Red Habaneros which you would think would make this sauce hot but it doesnt. Not hot realy at all. Has a really good flavor though. I would recommend for flovor but not if looking for something hot.

Isn't the Red Habanero hot as the Orange Habanero?
Most of the time they're not so hot, so I would expect the sauce to be even less (a lot less).
Well if it tastes good, that's all that matters. :)

Necrocannibal said:
First ingredient is Red Habaneros which you would think would make this sauce hot but it doesnt. Not hot realy at all. Has a really good flavor though. I would recommend for flovor but not if looking for something hot.

=========================================
I'm glad someone reviewed this sauce. It actually started to appear in the local stores several months ago.

While not a scorcher, it has great flavor. Want more heat? Add more sauce....the flavor is good enough that you won't harm what you're eating.

I like this sauce....especially when compared to other sauces widely available in grocery stores. I stocked up on several bottles before returning to school.

Omri said:
Isn't the Red Habanero hot as the Orange Habanero?
Most of the time they're not so hot, so I would expect the sauce to be even less (a lot less).
Well if it tastes good, that's all that matters. :)

=================================
If my memory serves me correctly, the Chili Pepper Institute (NM) planted an acre of red habs, an acre of orange habs, and an acre of naga's to try to get an accurate gauge of the heat.

The reds actually were not as hot on the average as the orange habs.

NICE

Necrocannibal said:
Yeah the flavor is great but its not that hot. Its got heat but not really "hot". I really like this sauce.

This is a NICE sauce.... tastes great. But if y'all want true heat and excellent flavor, try MELINDA'S. Any one else out there like Melinda's???

Back