• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Curry Throwdown

Vote for your favorite CURRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• keybrdkid - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/37842-begin-curry-throwdown/page__st__120#entry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SumOfMyBits - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/37842-begin-curry-throwdown/page__st__140#ent

• HH81Betterhalf - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/37842-begin-curry-throwdown/page__st__140#

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pile as much seafood as you can into the dish and collect the trophy!

That was actually my first thought when seeing the teaser pics. I usually don't vote for the most expensive ingredients, because that's not what it's about, but he nailed it and I can't deny it.

On a side note, I would have likely voted for one of the chicken breast dishes if they were made with thigh meat instead of breast. Soooo much better in a curry dish than breast meat IMO. I actually stopped going to one of my favorite Thai places when they no longer had the option of dark meat, and started serving breast meat in all their dishes. Not even close to as good. (not a jab, just my opinion) :P

That was actually my first thought when seeing the teaser pics. I usually don't vote for the most expensive ingredients, because that's not what it's about, but he nailed it and I can't deny it.

That pic of the prepped seafood with some left intact so you could identify it was brilliant. Dude knows his prep pics.

1 hour left to vote!

On a side note, I would have likely voted for one of the chicken breast dishes if they were made with thigh meat instead of breast. Soooo much better in a curry dish than breast meat IMO. I actually stopped going to one of my favorite Thai places when they no longer had the option of dark meat, and started serving breast meat in all their dishes. Not even close to as good. (not a jab, just my opinion) :P

I agree with ya on the dark meat chicken vs. the boneless (tasteless) chicken breast...........Scovie's got me wanting and I'll probably make some type of Jamaican Jerk dish this weekend. I thought about using chicken for this TD but I figured it would have been the "Clash of the Chicken Titans" ......plus we've been eating fish/seafood lately on Fridays.....I have to go back and check out the details and techniques from all the participants......so I can place my vote...

Take Scovie's curry and do thighs. Thighs rock jerk. Not exactly jerk he did a Jamaican curry but you could do a jerk marinade with the escallion, thyme, etc... and Scovie's curry when cooking. Done!

I love to cook with thighs but the recipe called for breasts and I enjoy breasts as often as I can. ;)

Everyone is saying it was a great TD but I didn't win ! so it wasn't as good as it could have been. :mope:

Seriously I would have voted for PIC1, it looked great but I have a major aversion to seafood. As soon as I saw his entry I felt my chances of winning take a nosedive. :P

Take Scovie's curry and do thighs. Thighs rock jerk. Not exactly jerk he did a Jamaican curry but you could do a jerk marinade with the escallion, thyme, etc... and Scovie's curry when cooking. Done!

That's the direction I'm taking....no fresh Bonnets but I have jars of pickled and Bonnet powder. Bone-in thighs, skin on.........pimento wood.

Take Scovie's curry and do thighs.

No doubt. In fact, I was in such a rush to get to the heart of what I was doing while talking to Doc, I told him, "chicken.. whole-cut up".
After digesting what he told me, and after eating the wings I made... THIGHS. with some Rice.
I was trying to think outside the box, and lost in grand fashion.
But won Jamaican GOLD like Usain Bolt escaping the cops on a full moon night.
I just researched, a round trip to Montego Bay is $659. per person round trip from Spokane....
And one of Docs specialties is Conch Soup, too.

:beer:

I love to cook with thighs but the recipe called for breasts and I enjoy breasts as often as I can. ;)

Everyone is saying it was a great TD but I didn't win ! so it wasn't as good as it could have been. :mope:

Seriously I would have voted for PIC1, it looked great but I have a major aversion to seafood. As soon as I saw his entry I felt my chances of winning take a nosedive. :P

I'm a stickler for details.....with anything. ,moo your photos were spot on, ( different camera and all) .probably the best taken.
I don't judge on the photos, but the ingredients used, procedure and technique in getting the job done. There was alot of effort put in by all not to mention others here, but I just want to say when I saw your plating before I started mine I new this would be tough for all. Nice work with your detail and our ingredients were pretty similar.........not all Red Curries are alike . Great job!........Is the voting still going on...............hah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back