Vote For The Worlds Most Influential Pepper Grower

A month long (approximatley) bracket style vote. At stake, the title of world's most influential pepper grower!

http://thepepperseed.com/growing-peppers/vote-for-the-worlds-most-influential-pepper-grower/

Enjoy, there are some interesting round 1 match ups!

I guess it would be world's most influential grower from thehotpepper.com
Looks sort of fun but seems to be more of a popularity contest. Everybody grows differently and thats what makes this place so great in my opinion

I guess it would be world's most influential grower from thehotpepper.com
Looks sort of fun but seems to be more of a popularity contest. Everybody grows differently and thats what makes this place so great in my opinion

Not everyone in the list is from THP and of course it's popularity contest, that's the definition of voting:-) Influential can mean different things to different people and different people have been influenced by different people. It's all in good fun, don't take it seriously.

We all have a chance since you missed Luigi il Messicano but I can't imagine seeing anyone but Bosland winning for influential

We all have a chance since you missed Luigi il Messicano but I can't imagine seeing anyone but Bosland winning for influential

I've never heard of Luigi il Messicano. I checked after reading your post and he would have been a nice addition for sure though. See what I mean about influential taking on different meanings for different people :-)

Round 1 match ups for anyone that would like a little preview:

logchief
vs
Nicole

PexPeppers
vs
woody3says

RedtailForester
vs
ajijoe

MGOLD86
vs
Justaguy

Hot Pooper
vs
Beaglestorm

Pepper Boys
vs
Spicegeist

Pepper-Guru
vs
Pepper Joe

Brian2112
vs
Silver_Surfer

915river
vs
Paul Bosland

Jim Duffy
vs
Menotume

millworkman
vs
ThePepperGrowingMan

spongey600
vs
Patrick

cmpman1974
vs
Novacastrian

mascalzone
vs
ChiliGrower

BakersPeppers
vs
hot stuff

mido
vs
armac

BigCedar
vs
windchicken

PepperLover
vs
Butch Taylor

Tonly
vs
BigT

Nick Woods
vs
Ed Currie

Marcel de Wit
vs
biscgolf

chileaddict
vs
Neil of theHippySeedCo

PIC 1
vs
Pepper Ridge Farm

smokemaster
vs
Dave DeWitt

lee
vs
wayright

fo3oz
vs
McHottie

buddy
vs
gnslngr

megamastger71
vs
POTAWIE

midwestchilehead
vs
Spicy Chicken

Wildfire Chilli Australia
vs
Burning Colon

JungleRain
vs
Carrie

AlabamaJack
vs
hixs

Wow James Weaver aint on there D: HE WAS LIKE A PEPPER HERO TO ME!!! D:

(If you don't know who he is he's the guy who started the Bowers Pepper Fest and he also Helps out a lot of people at his farm when it comes to deciding what varieties to grow He made me feel welcome to growing peppers when I was only 8. He also created a few favorites like the Mustard Habanero and Peach Habanero along with a few more. He also helped start the intrest of tomatos and peppers to famous New York chile and tomato grower Tim Stark. (I wish there was a write in option so i could write him in for round two) (ps he's mennonite and he doesnt own a computer)

Wow James Weaver aint on there D: HE WAS LIKE A PEPPER HERO TO ME!!! D:

(If you don't know who he is he's the guy who started the Bowers Pepper Fest and he also Helps out a lot of people at his farm when it comes to deciding what varieties to grow He made me feel welcome to growing peppers when I was only 8. He also created a few favorites like the Mustard Habanero and Peach Habanero along with a few more. He also helped start the intrest of tomatos and peppers to famous New York chile and tomato grower Tim Stark. (I wish there was a write in option so i could write him in for round two) (ps he's mennonite and he doesnt own a computer)

Cool story, he sounds like a guy that definatley is into peppers and has help quite a few folks get started in pepper growing :-)

uummm- how do we vote? I checked out the link.

My 13-year old son calls me Amish because he thinks I'm technologially impaired, but I don't think I'm that blond. I still don't see the Vote button. Like, Tweet, Google, Share, reply....no Vote.....

:?:

Maybe a screen shot with an arrow to where the vote button is?

My 13-year old son calls me Amish because he thinks I'm technologially impaired, but I don't think I'm that blond. I still don't see the Vote button. Like, Tweet, Google, Share, reply....no Vote.....

Maybe a screen shot with an arrow to where the vote button is?

No problem, you have to have javacript enabled. If you don't it won't show up.

wmipg.jpg

You can also try accessing it here : http://public.bracketeers.com/matchup.php?id=1034

Nothing personal but you can take me from the list. Nice thought and all but I am not worthy of half that list and 3% are practically green thumb gods to me.

Have fun with it though

i too am completely undeserving but appreciate being included... :cool:

time to put together a campaign, maybe sling some potting soil at the other guys... :lol:

Yeah i think that the list should have been made a little diferently i think you should have gotten some members here and at other forums to list some people who influenced them and others. Ed Curry? why put a guy we only knew about for maybe a week on there? wouldn't it be better if you listed someone much more influencial on it. Maybe in a few years if Curry proves that its all about trying to find a cure for cancer will it be influencial but now? we barely know about the guy. I think he would probably get less votes then a member who just signed up for the forum. I think that it would help your poll get more votes and get more members here intrested if you would take it down and talk with members here about the chileheads who influenced them. just my 2 cents

I still voted but other then smokemaster, junglerain, aji joe and megamaster i wasn't really influenced by anyone on there (no offence guys) The rest just seems to be a popularity contest. And a few of the matchups i don't agree with too. Redtailforester vs Aji Joe? AJ vs Hixs? Megamaster vs Potawie?

Reasons for inspiration:
Aji Joe:
He has been a good friend and has also helped many members here, He is a great man and has inspired me to want to help you guys :)

Smokemaster and Junglerain:
Both has helped members here and members on other forums get many varieties and they also have a humungus collection of varieties each. they inspired me to help others too and also to be a collector of them

Megamaster:
He has traveled the world and has been a part of AISPES an organization that preserves peppers not for there heat but there beauty. He inspired me to do the same and to see the beauty of all peppers.

and i know hixs, AJ, potawie, and a few others on that list have done things for other people that have inspired them to do the same.

But why have someone like pepperjoe or Ed Curry on the list. I dont think they have inspired many people or have they done something to be on the list other then sell seeds or just get his name up there for future worlds hottest?

I think the list should be made of people who have done something in the comunity that has inspired others to do the same and that it shouldnt be a popularity contest like it looks like.

again no offence to the members here and people on the list, I'm just giving my 2 cents

Nothing personal but you can take me from the list. Nice thought and all but I am not worthy of half that list and 3% are practically green thumb gods to me.

Have fun with it though

That's exactly why this is influential and not best, top, biggest, most important, biggest contributor to the industry, etc. You don't get to decide if you're influential, the people do! :halo: I can't edit it now that it's started anyways so you're stuck being included :halo:

i too am completely undeserving but appreciate being included... :cool:

time to put together a campaign, maybe sling some potting soil at the other guys... :lol:

Everyone that's included is deserving, you must have influenced me otherwise I've wouldn't have know to include you in the first place :halo: Odds are if you've innflueneced me you've influenced others too...the votes shall tell the story!

It's all in good fun. Anyone that would prefer a more serious debate should look for some moruga or hp22b threads :rofl:

But why have someone like pepperjoe or Ed Curry on the list. I dont think they have inspired many people or have they done something to be on the list other then sell seeds or just get his name up there for future worlds hottest?

Come on, you don't get to decide who inspires who :halo: For example PJ has probably sold millions of seeds and interacted with tens of thousands of people about growing peppers. Not influential? It's just a fun contest and of course will include a few long shots. I'm not taking it down or starting it over so we have a community vote on who gets included. Don't take it so seriously, it's just for fun.

edit: all of the machtups were randomly generated...again, kind of what makes it fun.

Back