• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Noodle Throwdown

Who made the best noodles AND dish?

• dragonsfire - [url=http://thehotpepper.com/topic/59412-begin-noodle-throwdown/page-5#entry1283287]My

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • keybrdkid - [url=http://thehotpepper.com/topic/59412-begin-noodle-throwdown/page-5#entry1283352]Past

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Student of Spice awesome 500th post. I want to commend you on perfect tortellini shapes! Have you made those before?

By "Sauce - roasted garlic alfredo" do you mean a jar sauce? I won't judge! Wait, I have to judge that is the point. :lol: Seriously just wondering.

funny-piles-money-happy-Ferrari-Enzo.jpg

hogleg said:
I had SL and OS in a close tie. I went with Olsalty, in hopes he gets his first bling.

BTW I've had SL's pasta in person and it is excellent! are ya jelly?

:cheers:  Y'all did awesome!!!
I'm jelly and thanks hogleg I really used her process to work my pasta came out beautiful, and the theriac really gives it a beautiful taste.

oldsalty said:
Thanks wheebz :) I agree everyone here has rocked it I love watching these and has been fun competing. But what I've learned !! Love me some new recipes for the box. Hahaha

I'm with ya Boss in my beer drinking days i would have pounded a dozen of those bad boys and about as many beer then go home trip over Heather's slippers fall out window hit trampoline fly thru neighbors fence and be attacked by there dog. Just another day for the FALL GUY!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhT51tmUE0E

Thanks for the comments, everyone.  Hogleg, you know next time you're up here what's on the menu!  ;)

Aight!  I gotta quit vacillating!!!!

It's between Hot Stuff and Student of Spice.

It's interesting that there were several mushroom dishes in this TD.  And I'm still waffling....

Student of Spice made 2 different dishes, but both the same basic pasta shape. Different fillings, different pastas, and dang!  all those perfectly formed tortellinis!!!

Hot Stuff did the gnocchi with that crawfish cream sauce.  I'm a total sucker for creamy tomato sauce!  And BREAD with evoo, s&p.....aw... just sign me up for cardiac clinic!

HOT STUFF!  That's it, vote cast!

OldSalty looks like he's the frontrunner in this TD and Well Deserved!

Student, I'm looking forward to seeing what you Throwdown in future competitions.  Loved SnF's meatballs but wanted more sauce.  And on the flip side, I'd totally have mashed up on the noodles and butter.  I think Esse did something similar. 

True Story- when I was a kid, I cooked up some elbow macaroni, tossed it with some butter, took the bowl out into the yard and ate it all while reading a book.  I remember it being a wonderfully warm summer day, green grass, summer break....  AAaahhhh  Pasta!!!

It's been a while since I've made pasta and I'm grateful for this TD to remind me and my family of the beauty that is hand made pasta.  It really does need to be made with love.  Everyone's entries were awesome in their own right.   

SL
"Creamy Lemon Chicken Piccata"
"Serve with a lemon wedge"

Was there lemon in the sauce you forgot to say or is it DIY, wedge only?

Thanks, Boss. 

Our meal was shared and enjoyed with Evan, his sweetheart, and us.  It was a nice afternoon dinner with family.

and then I had to clean up the kitchen....... :banghead:    .......... :lol:

EDIT-the lemon wedge was to squeeze over the creamy picatta sauce (which we each did as the meal was served).  With the time it was taking to assemble everything, I didn't want to put the squeezed lemon into the sauce on the stove, so I plated it with the lemon wedge.  When done in the restaurant, the lemon would of been in the sauce.  But the restaurant didn't have to take into account the time delay of taking THP TD posting pics!  :lol:

probably had something to do with the title change-  from Creamy Lemon Piccata to Pasta Capers
Truth in Advertizing and all that~~~

Your dish looks like something you'd find on the backroads of the USA in a mom and pop joint... you know, the good joints that know how to serve real food cooked right. Perfectly executed comfort food, nothing fancy, all the flavors work, chicken cooked golden brown, not covered in sauce so you have crunchy areas, awesome sauce, perfect fresh pasta, and I need my lemon wedge so bonus!

I bet lemon zest would go great over the top of the dish (or in flour dredge), forget the lemon in the sauce, I was just asking. The wedge is enough, like with fish, DIY. I like this a lot.

I vote Salsa Lady. It is perfect.

It was hard but I took my time and glad I did. This one spoke to me. Just took awhile to get the signal from "The" Methow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back