• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Pizza Rustica Throwdown

Best pizza?

• keybrdkid09 - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/34343-begin-pizza-rustica-throwdown/page__st_

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ColoradoRonin - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/34343-begin-pizza-rustica-throwdown/page__s

• salsalady - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/34343-begin-pizza-rustica-throwdown/page__st__1

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
so I just read through all the entries and I gotta say that I would eat every one of these gladly. They all look awesome, and I have no idea why Ann put "Fail" in the name of hers as that looks like a pepperoni plate full of win to me.

all that said, I used this criteria to vote: if I could have 1 slice of any pizza here, which would it be?

And in the end I ended up being the lone vote for DTS prosciutto/blue cheese pizza. I LOVE those flavors together and the crust looked golden & crispy - points for technique, points for aesthetics and points for making my mouf water.

tied for close 2nd: geeme, HH, Booma, and especially TB's tex-mex pie. Those all looked terrific too. JayT's steak pizza looked awesome until some heartless cruel bastard came along and assaulted it with mushrooms. blah. :rofl:

Everyone else tied for 3rd.

There were no losers, nor was there a last place for me. All of these were great. Some more great than others to my personal tastes. :cheers:

Yea, HH had the p'apl rockin'!

I didn't know if he had enough spears of grilled pineapple or not, but I jacked one of the grilled pinapple wedges and went around the campsite, feeding everyone pieces of the grilled pineapple. Everyone shared a little bite of that sweet treat......

no gloves, no plates......hey, we're camping!!!!

As always,there are a lot of great entries here.I love the pizza Sum made,that's like one I would order from a really good pizza joint. But the pie HH81 made,it was really over the top.
Lot's o great flavors working together.I would have voted for it anyway,but being able to taste a slice of it was a real treat.He made up 2! separate sauces on the the fly that worked
well together to make one of the tastiest pizzas I ever ate.He's got some serious cooking skills and I was impressed how he made it work cooking by flashlight.

I only took ONE wedge of pineapple!!!!!!

No clue who swiped the rest of the pineapples~~~~~ :lol:

Good job everyone! I love your cobbler Za Keybrdkid. Both of the loaded potato Za ideas were great. I am not one for loaded potatoes but those looked awesome. I can only imagine what a THP block party would be like....genius.

HH - it ends 48 hours after it began.

I voted for key's cobbler pizza. While the crust was overly thick for a standard pizza, the more I thought about it the more it worked in my mind for a cobbler pizza. And I just kept going back and looking..... and looking..... and looking......

I got that G, just wasn't sure if we were going to the minute (3:11) or 3:00.

Also was putting it back on the top, 52 votes seem a little low for something everybody could get down on. JMHO

LOL - A little anxious for your first crown HH? 52 votes is a very high number compared to some of the TD's!

So naturally I would want to vote for my own pizza on this one, the flavors were out of this would and paired beautifully surprisingly. However, although I feel mine was top knotch I'm not relly one to vote for myself. Geeme put her pizza down, and I'm all about gooeyness!
Great pizza G top knotch in my opinion.
Aaron

Yeah I know G, its been a few months since I got down though. Kinda exciting to get this far actually

I say close it early :-D I'm anxious for his first crown.. He's an amazing cook.. To bad he'd rather cook for everyone else but me lol.. That ok.. Next month td WILL be at my house..cause I said..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back