• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Savory Chocolate Throwdown

Best savory chocolate dish?

• hot stuff - [url=http://thehotpepper.com/topic/63363-begin-savory-chocolate-throwdown/page-9#entry14

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
reading_is_fundamental.png

So many great entries this time! My vote goes to SmokenFire but it was definitely a tough choice. I love the sound of the salad dressing and look of his flatbreads (the pie ain't bad either) but Gippy's entry also looked amazing, SL's was elegant in its simplicity and also sounded great, and Ashen's sounds like I'd thoroughly hate it but, despite not being to my personal tastes, also seems like a meal with real merit to it. Plus, I have to respect his ability to make something so out there look and sound so good.

Well done everyone. Even the dishes I didn't mention were stunning.

hot stuff said:
Great stuff all around.

Somehow, going into Monday when it's not a holiday just seems off to me. .02

SmokenFire said:
I'd agree with you HS as most of the TDs I've entered before have only been through Sunday prior to the last couple ones.  IIRC it was expanded to Monday in order to allow weekend clock punchers a bit more time to come through.  Seeing the larger turnouts and working weekends myself the extra day has been a real boon.  Stuff that I could not have entered before is now a possibility, and I worked Sat/Sun 12hr shifts last weekend so most of my stuff was made Sun late night into Monday morning/evening before service.  The extra day is the reason I was able to participate in this TD.   :)

Ozzy2001 said:
I like that it makes it possible for more people to do it. It's a lot of work if you work on the weekend.

Right!

I love how everyone took on the challenge and we got 9 great entries! Yes we added Mondays now. No one enters on Friday except keybrdkid, market research proves. :P Saturday is slow (but can have action), Sunday is usually big, and Monday allows the non-weekend participants, and look how many we got! The only issue is people comment on how slow they are Friday to Saturday and bicker... well I'm not nipping Friday, if  anything consider it a preview day where you get to read all the rules, but don't expect much action. This last year we dialed in the schedule and it is F-M and works really well (thanks D3).

I like the change to Friday through Monday. Friday is Saturday for those on the other side of the globe from the U.S. and extending it one more day gives some breathing room to everyone. Many times I couldn't participate due to busy (often working or traveling) weekend schedules, or, even if I could make something it wasn't going to meet the deadline for posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back