• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Second Annual Memorial Day User-land BBQ Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmmmm mmmmm beef loin flap!

13321731_10206082344762027_1287564985024768025_n.jpg

Smoked Turkey Breast Fried Rice

Lol I should have taken more pics. I move pretty quick and forgot to snap away. I'll give my recipe though.

Cook 3cups of Jasmine rice and set it aside to cool.

Heat up the wok, add olive oil, hot oil, 5 cloves garlic minced, 2 shallots, 4-5 shakes of 5 spice, about a 1/2 Tsp of minced ginger, and half a yellow onion.

Brown all that then add the shredded carrots, half a bunch of green onion,zucchini, and broccoli. Stir it all around to coat everything with the oil and squirt everything liberally with soy sauce. Then squirt everything with about 1/3 as much fish sauce:soy sauce.

Sorry I don't measure the liquids. When I'm all done I use about 5ozs of soy sauce.

Cover the veggies with a lid and wait until they brighten up in color. Stir around again then cover for a couple more minutes. Once they're done to my likeness, I make a hole in the middle and crack 2 eggs. Stir them around to cook in the middle then stir the whole wok. Make another hole in the middle and throw the diced smoked turkey in there. Again squirt soy sauce liberally on the meat, and 1:3 fish sauce.

Once that's all coated dump the wok contents into a bowl.

In the wok pour in more olive oil. Prob 1/4 cup, soy sauce, and fish sauce. Stir it around to deglaze the wok and toss the rice in. Stir the rice around and get it all coated with the sauce. You'll probably have to add some more soy sauce. I also sprinkle it pretty good with black pepper and a little garlic salt. Make sure to not constantly stir it. Let the bottom fry up and brown a bit before you toss it around. A spatula works well at this point.

Once te rice is cooked, toss in the other ingredients, along with some fresh Thai basil, and I like some diced tomatoes too. Stir it all up really good and again, let the bottom brown a little. Sprinkle with pepper flakes of choice, serve, and chow down.

Lol due to the lack of pics I doubt this will get many votes, but if you like fried rice, give this a shot. It's the bomb.

Bumper said:
Sorry I am late to the party, been a crap week, doing palliative care for my grandma until she passed away, then packing things down. Funeral next Friday.  

Lots of tasty eats going down here... Too cold to bbq now so cooking for fun

Beef and Oatmeal Stout Pies

Cooking in the slow cooker for the next 4 hours

2kg topside beef cut into cubes, covered in flour and browned before adding to the slow cooker
200g diced coppa
700ml home made oatmeal stout
1 litre beef stock
6 brown onions, diced, cooked with a good splash of caramelised balsamic vinegar to finish
1 handful of chopped fresh rosemary
3 tablespoons thyme
a good crack of fresh black pepper
sea salt
6 large carrots cut into chunks
1 cup red wine

More to come.  

?

This story needs an ending!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back