• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Stick It! Official Thread

Best Food On A Stick?

• ImpyChick's Scotch Egg On A Stick

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Blister's Chicken-Tater-Stick (didn't see a name)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • texas blues' Chicken Fried Punji Steak

• moyboy's Chilli Mango Chicken On A Rosemary Branch (aka Pippy's Chick-O-Stick)

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • ImpyChick's Spiked Coffee On A Stick

• chilehunter's CornPoppers

• moyboy's Violet Crumble Cheese Cake Balls

• ring sting's Sky Rocket Chicken

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • frydad4's Florida Key Lime Lobster With Beercicle

• SumOfMyBits' Spicy Conch Fritters On A Bread Stick With Red Rum Sauce (aka Conch Balls Of Fire)

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • QuadShotz's Buffalo Meat Pies On-A-Stick

• Noshownate's Smokey Sticken Dog

• THP's Pig In A Pretzel (aka Kevorkian Pretzel)

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • texas blues' Cheezy Chix Roulade's On A Crutch

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daaaayum!

Kickazz grub Moy/TB!! And...frozen coffee on a stick!! w00t!!1

I knew I liked ya Impykins.

I knew TB would pull sumthin' wikkid outa his chef's hat..heheh. ;)

No worries though ...I hava EBiL plan that cannot fail...

Due to the holiday weekend this contest will run 72 hours from start date.

CORNPOPPER'S

ok kinda like a corndog but no hotdog involved, just poppers, & another version w/o the breading. I didnt have thicker sticks so I used two cuz of the weight.

ingredients, I cut up the habs & mixed w/cheese & placed inside the annaiums (sp?), wrapped w/bacon, then wrapped in breading (some of them)

DSCF3526.jpg

some CI action for 1 of the cornpoppers, BTW its getting fried in bacon grease.

DSCF3530.jpg

final pic of the cornpopper & plain ol' popper on a stick

DSCF3544.jpg

frydad4 said:
txclosetgrower (a Texan) waves the white flag...
James Bowie and Davy Crockett are rolling in their graves.

REMEMBER THE ALAMO!!!! DAMMIT!!!

:lol:

back to the throwdown, I'm not gonna play favorites but theres a couple great throwdown pics & look damn tasty!!!

BTW TB I think you're covering all of the alcohol fields :lol:

Much obliged CH. I had pondered the thought of the punji stick poppers but stayed away as many on THP reckoned I would go with that. I'm too damned predictable sometimes. You however, did them up much better than I had in mind. I reckon that puts you right up there in Popper Overlord status. Well done sir!

That cast iron shot is MONEY!

Salute', TB.

Well My dessert on a stick that I didn't think was going to make the cut has actually started to set so I thought I'd put up the ingredience photo....

IMG_0934.jpg

It's a bit fiddly but if it works out it's going to taste soooooooooooo good. Hopefully i'll have it ready for after Lunch today.....

thehotpepper.com said:
Due to the holiday weekend this contest will run 72 hours from start date.

Uhm...THP, can you tell me what day this contest ends? I'm in Ohio, so that is the same time zone as you, I just suck at math. :lol:

Just a teaser...
P1030501.jpg

When he's done taking advantage of my beer, I'll try to figure out where to put the stick.
More pics on sunday.

Buffalo Meat Pie On-A-Stick !!

Well, the cam is being a PITA atm since I forgot to charge both sets of batteries...oopsie.

But here's a prep teaser.

S6304068.jpg

The green herb is fresh basil, the brown baggie is oleresin-enhanced dark chile powder, and the square 'thang is puff pastry.

With a bit of Mushrooms, Mirepoix, salted and peppered shredded cabbage, and other fun stuff. There shall be some kinda Stout in there too, I just haven't bought it yet. ;)

Yup, ya heard me..I'm making Buffalo Meat Pies On-A-Stick!!!

It'll be somewhere between a Four 'N Twenty and a Runza.

On A STEECK!
s_4c7851dd0722cc5061a98889f363e1d6.png

(P.S....Quaddy also bought a frying thermometer...)

Hmm, pie on a stick, sounds good if you can pull it off Quad, however, you lost me with the Four 'n Twenty reference. That is the most god awful creation known to man. All gristle and pastry.

:)

SeeYouJimmy said:
Hmm, pie on a stick, sounds good if you can pull it off Quad, however, you lost me with the Four 'n Twenty reference. That is the most god awful creation known to man. All gristle and pastry.

:)

Yeah, but homemade is better, eh? :cool:

very impressive entries guys. Since THP has extended the contest, I may yet have time to get something in. I will try today. The competition is stiff this time around. So far, for me I say Moyboy has the nod with the rosemary stick mango chicken foo foo. Of course you lose points for the lack of smashed beer can...

Ok here is my second entry: Moyboy's Violet Crumble cheese cake balls

IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

I started with a baked cheese cake mixture that had vanilla in it and Kahlua. after rolling the mizture into balls and freezing them I roll the balls in smashed up Violet Crumble's then dipped the ball in milk chocolate......

OH MY GOD these things are so good......I had my nieces screaming for me.....:lol: The ones I took for after lunch today didn't last very long...:D

JayT said:
very impressive entries guys. Since THP has extended the contest, I may yet have time to get something in. I will try today. The competition is stiff this time around. So far, for me I say Moyboy has the nod with the rosemary stick mango chicken foo foo. Of course you lose points for the lack of smashed beer can...

I had another shot of the plate with one of Tony05's home brewed chilli beer's in the backround but i ended up going with that shot as it showed the food better...:D

Sky Rocket Chicken

This is adapted from 'Firecracker Chicken' Recipe.

Ingredients
Chinese Pork Sausage
Chicken Breast
Corn Flour/starch
Herbs and spices
Ground Chilli
Egg white
Salt Pepper

Method

Steam pork sausages for 15 mins

Cut chicken breast into thin strips and dust in corn flour

Mix up a marinade of
1 whipped egg white,
1/2 tsp of salt,
1 tsp corn flour
1/2 tsp pepper
chill powder
other spices as desired

Marinate chicken strips in this for about 20 mins.

flatten chicken strips out by pounding with the flat of a knife or side meat tenderiser. Once sausages are steamed, stick a skewer in and wrap chicken around them.

Deep fry for 1-2mins.

Serve with your favourite sweet chilli or other asian style dipping sauce.

100_2671.jpg

100_2672.jpg

100_2674.jpg

Finished product in next post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back