• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Super Bowl Throwdown

Who repped their area best and of those which is your fave?

• tctenten - [url=http://thehotpepper.com/topic/63625-begin-super-bowl-throwdown/page-16#entry1417289]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Student of Spice - [url=http://thehotpepper.com/topic/63625-begin-super-bowl-throwdown/page-19#entry

• bpiela - [url=http://thehotpepper.com/topic/63625-begin-super-bowl-throwdown/page-19#entry1417453]Lo

• CheriLBW - [url=http://thehotpepper.com/topic/63625-begin-super-bowl-throwdown/page-19#entry1417406]

• grantmichaels - [url=http://thehotpepper.com/topic/63625-begin-super-bowl-throwdown/page-24#entry141

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This ends at 8, keep the voting up this really is anyone's game here!

This came down to 4 entries for me.  When I first saw that cioppino that Ryme put up I thought game over man.  Then Ann's formal entry with the dips and the sliders - that was calling my name.  Then SoS brought the home made sausage to the party, along with homemade rolls for the beef sammies and wings straight outta Anchor Bar...

And then that shrimp an cheesy grits with smoked tomato gravy hit!  And that pie!  On me oh my that pie w pecan praline ice cream to boot.  HnB really MC Hammer'd this TD.  
Stettoman is right - there's a cook book in here alright - just in the TD section of the forum alone!  Proud to cook w you guys.  Great work all around.  :D   

Hybrid, I can't believe you are at 0. Okay well I can considering every entry is amazing. But this one seems to be overlooked, love the idea of Memphis ribs and Nashville chicken on one plate, with mac, and greens. Well done! If it had cornbread instead of buttermilk, it would be up there for me!

(It's these little technicalities I am going to have to use to whittle this down).

SmokenFire has an amazing plate! Eyed it a few times. The sammie is killer. The bag fries and onion in slaw makes me able to move on to the next, for my preference. This is damn hard!

SL is up there with food that hits home; seafood dips. hot stuff nailed it. TC is also pulling at heartstrings.

Scovie nailed it 5 ways from Sunday just not what I would grab.

What caught my eye first, has also caught my eye last.

HopsNBarley! Damnnnnnnnn! (That's all I need to say. Just look at it.)

Kudos to everyone.

The Hot Pepper said:
Hybrid, I can't believe you are at 0. Okay well I can considering every entry is amazing. But this one seems to be overlooked, love the idea of Memphis ribs and Nashville chicken on one plate, with mac, and greens. Well done! If it had cornbread instead of buttermilk, it would be up there for me!

(It's these little technicalities I am going to have to use to whittle this down).

SmokenFire has an amazing plate! Eyed it a few times. The sammie is killer. The bag fries and onion in slaw makes me able to move on to the next, for my preference. This is damn hard!

SL is up there with food that hits home; seafood dips. hot stuff nailed it. TC is also pulling at heartstrings.

Scovie nailed it 5 ways from Sunday just not what I would grab.

What caught my eye first, has also caught my eye last.

HopsNBarley! Damnnnnnnnn! (That's all I need to say. Just look at it.)

Kudos to everyone.

:banghead: :rofl: You have no idea how close I was to making a big CI pan of cornbread with chimayo flakes and cheese instead of the biscuits. I've seen a lot of good looking cornbread around here lately that has inspired me.
     Thanks for the props on my plate. 2-rib chunks and Nashville strips seemed like the perfect SB finger food. Just grab a few on a paper plate and head back to the TV. The sides were just there to tie the room together.

I had a really hard time voting in this one. I hear you on the technicalities. Homemade fries with SnF's sammie could have won my vote. And if Grant had made some finger food sides, he would've been close too. (THat meat! :shocked: :!: )
     HnB's entry slapped me upside the head, too. Just nuts! That sauce was perfectly executed and those grits looked like buttah. And that pie? WIth hhhwhiskey cream?! And homemade ice cream?!!
wow.
     But GS nailed the super bowl spread for me. A whole buffet of interesting local delicacies. Lots of different flavors and textures. Great meat, deep fried stuff, grazing food... it all looked great and well done.
     It was really hard to vote against homemade smoked steelhead dip, homemade pastrami on homemeade rye, cheek tacos, brisket, a huge bowl of seafood heaven, that muffaletta...etc

:dance: It was great to be a part of the best TD ever!

We sure have an interesting race here, we have a tie at 7, and still, close contestants, let's get the vote on people and make this interesting. ENDS AT 8PM ET!

The Hot Pepper said:
Homemade always gets me, and HNB even made the pecan ice cream for the homemade pie, so for me no so much full monty, but homemade everything, with homemade sauce, plus killer meal = yeah that's why.
Yeah, all that plus the bolded spec for "not instant or quick" on the grits. There is nothing like properly made stone ground cheesy grits. I know exactly how long it takes to do that right. It is more important to me than the shrimps on top.

1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr! 1 hr!  

30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 

30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 30 min! 

We now have a title fight - SNF vs. HNB! 20 min!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back