• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Vote! The Best Meal I Ever Ate TD

The Best Meal I Ever Ate Was...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scovie are you poached or pickled at the moment? ;)

xoxo

POAKLED. = 1/2 Jarred?
My SMJ collection is YOUR SMJ collection. Didn't know you didn't have any.
You want all 4? or just my faves?

Scovie, I WANT IT ALL!

I gave my vote to frydad. :)

LunchBox, just a few comments.
Hummus literally means "chickpea" and the dish is a paste made of mostly if not only chickpeas.
Batata means sweet potatoes.
He has a couple cans of garbonza beans - same thing. :)
And yes batata is sweet potato in Hebrew, but potato in Arabic. Batata harra is spicy potatoes.
So he is all good!

Thanks JoeyK! wow! That says a-lot!

"I know what you're thinking...... Did he fire 6 shots?...... or only 5?

:cheers:

"I know what you're thinking...... Did he fire 6 shots?...... or only 5?

"Do ya feel lucky, Punk? Well? Do ya?"

sorry for the Dirty Harry sidetrack~ back to voting!

Ela, I love lahmajun too. One place rolls it up with hot sauce, white sauce, lettuce, and tomato inside. Delish. But I've never seen puffy lahmajun like those, they've always looked like thin pizza. How have you had them? I'm glad this inspired you to bring back your Mom's apple recipe.

He has a couple cans of garbonza beans - same thing. :)
And yes batata is sweet potato in Hebrew, but potato in Arabic. Batata harra is spicy potatoes.
So he is all good!
I've looked it up as well.
I don't know about every Arab country, but it means sweet potato in Lebanon. ;)

http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/definitions/Batata+harra?cx=partner-pub-0939450753529744%3Av0qd01-tdlq&cof=FORID%3A9&ie=UTF-8&q=Batata+harra&sa=Search#906
http://homemade-recipes.blogspot.com/2008/08/batata-harra.html

http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/definitions/Batata+harra?cx=partner-pub-0939450753529744%3Av0qd01-tdlq&cof=FORID%3A9&ie=UTF-8&q=Batata+harra&sa=Search#906
http://homemade-recipes.blogspot.com/2008/08/batata-harra.html
You can't possibly be serious. :lol:
OK then, Google wins. man who spent way too much time in Lebanon, loses.

It's a JayT - Scoville race!

Keep voting.

:cool: man who spent way too much time in Lebanon, loses. :cool:

But We can't talk about that for at least the next 20 years, Can we? :cool:

Yay I got a vote! I'm a huge brie fan as well, and that was actually why I decided on getting those particular sliders. They had some other yummy sounding ones, as well, like turkey and cranberry. I actually came in pretty late to the brie game. I only first had it around 2007. Now I eat it all the time :).

And Sum it still tickles me that you know Jerome!! That's awesome.

I've eaten Brie since 2002, its a cheese that taste great on crackers cold or melted on burgers. Love gooey cheese! And when melted that stuff is definitely gooey. :D
Aaron

JT gets my vote.

The salt oysters and the sea-bass were strong entries, but it was the Bar Harbor bisque that sealed the deal.
Many great memories of Bar Harbor!! (the whole northeast, actually).

Nice job, everyone!

SD, I'm not an egg guy. Not at all. I hate them.
But I reckon I would give your benedicts a chance! That's a great looking plate!

You can't possibly be serious. :lol:
OK then, Google wins. man who spent way too much time in Lebanon, loses.

LOL...I was thinking the same...since Omri lives in the neighboring country. But, the dish I had was regualr taters, so that's what I went with. Also, like THP said, the garbanzo beans are the same as chickpeas...so it's all good. There were 3 other dishes I had, that I wanted to replicate, but ran out of kitchen space, and it would have taken me literally all day! Regardless, it was good...the lentil stew stuff turned out shockingly accurate, but a little...better! I've been eating it hat and cold right out of the fridge.

My vote is going to JT. I just couldn't stop looking at everything, and I mean all of the wonderful dishes that were presented however the Lobster Bisque got me. The best I have ever had was at Latitudes in Key West but JT yours still looked scrumpdillyicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back