• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! The Dual Burger Duel

Beef

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hot Pepper said:
yeah you can take it that's why you nixxed diner burgers and made a po'burger :lol:

in earnest, the arteflame just arrived ... posted it earlier ;)

biggest factor in changing up the burger was Booma dropping one, grilled, knowing how at THP - anything done on a grill > anything done inside, period ...

i don't subscribe to the belief - far from it - but it's an accurate consensus, i think ...

maybe JHP can check his spreadsheet and substantiate it! :rofl:

You could have tied the gold flake into representing the fleur de lis... ;)

The Hot Pepper said:
either way I am glad u made the po'! even if it wasn't vote shaping based on thp-member research lol!

the diner-style burgers with the chunky slab bacon was going to be dope ...

i'll drop the schtick now: https://www.pannacooking.com/recipes/blt-dip-vivian-howard/

i was going to make the BLT Dip for the condiment, made from homemade kewpie ...

umami patty, slightly different from the one's I did ... keeping the takii shroom powder, but also using a schmear of tamarind paste ...

remember the anchovies? ;) ... they're part of the green goddess ...

so, my potato buns - only not black this time - pepper candied slab bacon, BLT condiment, and red leaf lettuce tossed in 'burger vinaigrette' ...

i was going to make the beef from the deckle of a couple of rib-eyes, and veal (which i had, but opted out of the scallopini cut when i switched burgers) ...

<3 Andouille ..

still think that's a killer burger, and i intend to do a couple small-format on the new Weber soon ...

:cheers:

The Hot Pepper said:
that onion tho... nice touch

ya'll posted how much you liked fried shoestring onions recently ...

bunch of people jumped on the bandwagon in that thread about loving them, after you, so i was like ... f it, give 'em what they want ...

full medium on the cook, too ... same reason ...

I know what's in ...

gallery-1484925611-mcx-trump-white-house-redecoration-getty.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back