• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Walchit's Glog 2018

Well started germination yesterday, got a little carried away.

I'm too lazy to type out my list for you guys so here are some pics.

Sprouting these from Justin/whitehotpeppers

And these from the auction of labeled pods from Garth/texashotpeppers

Then there are these from trades and seed trains

I may have officially lost my mind! Thanks for stopping by.

I've opted to grow fewer varieties this year but more of them. We cook a lot so I would rather have more of the stuff we use a lot of. Which makes it very very difficult to decide what to grow. I have so many different seed varieties that it's almost impossible to make up my mind. I'm shooting for anywhere from 75 to 100 plants.

Edmick said:
I've opted to grow fewer varieties this year but more of them. We cook a lot so I would rather have more of the stuff we use a lot of. Which makes it very very difficult to decide what to grow. I have so many different seed varieties that it's almost impossible to make up my mind. I'm shooting for anywhere from 75 to 100 plants.
Enny meeny minny moe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idk Devv, I was thinking about going to those 1020 trays with 15 or 18 pots in them, or just up to gallons, idk.

Ed, I definitely know what you mean about not being able to choose, I might ha e started some more the other day

Thanks ptmd!

Great results for your first time growing from seed, Andy!

Masher said:
9.4 ph on your water?

Get some calibrating liquid :cheers:

Great looking set up you're setting up. Congrats.
Anyone know the ph of nyc tap water? Also what’s a decent not too expensive tester?

Sinn said:
Anyone know the ph of nyc tap water? Also whats a decent not too expensive tester?

Just about most treated water will be between 7.6 and 8.4

Any hand held tester will work. They are not expensive.
EBay, Wal-Mart, pet shops, pool supply stores.

Another thing about ph.

By keeping your water and feeding solution at 6.0 - 6.5 It allows the optimum range for all beneficial nutrients to be fed to your plants.

Going lower or higher will lock out certain nutrient uptake.

Your plants will still grow with 8.0 but much harder for the plant to uptake what it wants.

I don't worry about ph once they are teenagers and living outside growing in soil.

I'm gonna start building this led light tomorrow out of those strips of LEDs.

Hopefully it turns out nice, I'm gonna try to measure twice drill/glue once!

Here's a little sneak peak of something I had made to hopefully keep it looking a little less hillbilly. We will see if it works!

KIMG1108.JPG

Walchit said:
Guess I was too focused on lining the screws up one way that I forgot to check the other way, oh well too late now lol
attachicon.gif
KIMG1109.JPG
Stuff happens. I once put handles on our new kitchen cabinets, out of the 4 drawers, 1 was an inch off center “ whoops “. Nobody ever mentioned it but I always pointed it out to people.

Back