• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Walchit's Glog 2018

Well started germination yesterday, got a little carried away.

I'm too lazy to type out my list for you guys so here are some pics.

Sprouting these from Justin/whitehotpeppers

And these from the auction of labeled pods from Garth/texashotpeppers

Then there are these from trades and seed trains

I may have officially lost my mind! Thanks for stopping by.

Walchit said:
Idk Devv, I was thinking about going to those 1020 trays with 15 or 18 pots in them, or just up to gallons, idk.

Ed, I definitely know what you mean about not being able to choose, I might ha e started some more the other day

Thanks ptmd!

We all have different growing conditions. Here I want 12-14" tall plants come dirt day, as most go in the garden. I bought some #1 pots a few years ago and they do the trick. I believe they hold 3 quarts. The big plus is they don't get root bound. I also a trying some 5" squares this year for the maters. They don't spend as much time in the pots as the peppers do. I've been happy with the pots @ http://greenhousemegastore.com

There's a ton of options out there...

Walchit said:
Idk though, I should probably keep it at 150 or less though, but I have more sprouts, might try to sell some plant on Craigslist
Yea like I mentioned earlier, I'm shooting for 75 to 100 of my personal plants but depending on how many I can sell at market, I might end up with alot more. Probably gonna end up with pepper plants on every extra square inch of the property.. Might be resorting to SFRBs come summer and fall.

Devv that website is a good one! Gonna have to see what will fit all these plants under my lights, they had 1020 trays with only 8 sections in them, those would probably be pretty good

Ptmd, idk what I was thinking, I liked them out perfectly in one direction then just started sticking screws in I guess. I had just woke up and hadn't gotten my mind right yet lol

This is a lot of work, I got rgbw strips to go with the cool white and warm white. The rgbw has 5 wires I have to solder, times 5 strips

KIMG1114.JPG

Luckily you can do 3 at one end and 2 at the other, idk if I could have gotten 5 squeezed in that 10 mm area!

KIMG1115.JPG

I will be able to dim each color individually, probably unnecessary but at least my peppers can party if they want. Maybe the wife can get some cool pictures with this light if it doesn't work for peppers

KIMG1119.JPG

Every other led on the rgbw strips is cool white, I hope to be able to wire it in with my cool white dimmer and not have to put it on it's own. Then the other LEDs have a red, blue, and a green inside of them.

Attachments

• KIMG1118.JPG
    KIMG1118.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 52
  • KIMG1117.JPG
    KIMG1117.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 49
  • KIMG1116.JPG
    KIMG1116.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 52
Walchit said:
They came from the factory with red and green mixed up on the solder points, SMH china
Looks like you are not playin around this year. Ill have to come visit this summer again to check out the plants. Im going to do an outdoor grow over here in LV County. 

Still nothing on those aleppo seeds? I have some in propagation dome right now so hopefully they pop. The ones I sent you were from my first pods but they were totally ripe. Hopefully I didn't mess something up. Pretty much went by the book on harvesting and drying them..

I had one of three pop, the others maybe were going to but I just transplanted the one, I've been meaning to look at my chart to make sure it is one of the ones that made it through the transplant

It's probably more work than it's worth, plus I ran wires individually instead of Daisy chaining them or whatever because I was reading and watching videos about Voltage drop at the end of the strip. Plus I ran all the colors to different dimmers(when they arrive tomorrow).

Somehow when I looked up how many watts these things use I calculated three times the actual wattage. I kind of wish I would have ran the rbgw strips all the way to the ends of the panel, but I was worried about having to many on this dimmer thing, turns out I could have doubled the amount of LEDs. By the way, I'm running these on an Xbox 360 power supply, it's 175 watts. I was gonna run two of them if my initial wattage figures would have been correct. I thought it was high, lol

Walchit said:
I had some blossom end rot too, I will probably try that calimagic foliarfeeding this year
I ammend my soil heavy for peppers tomatoes with calcium.  Pellets at IFA are good they are sold as chicken feed.  

Back