• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Walkerswood "Seriously Hot" Jamaican jonkanoo pepper sauce.

Ok it says seriously hot on the front and use with caution on the back.

So I try and dump out a little bit on a chip and a WHOLE bunch of it comes out. Its dripping off of the sides onto the floor so being the chilihead I am I quickly get it up to my mouth and shove all of it in knowing I could be hurting in a few.

Analysis is there shouldnt even be any warnings on this damn bottle. It has a little heat but nothing worthy of warning.

As for taste it reminds of of the hotter more clique sauces like Blairs. I think Im tasting alot of onion but not sure. Overall not a bad sauce for taste but heat is disappointing.

Yeah... the play on words can be misleading. But, other than the seeming lack of heat, is it a good sauce? Good flavors? More onion than you prefer?

Tell me more man!!!

Actually its pretty good. I did alot more testing on it after I posted and its garlic Im tasting. Its really reminds me of the hotter sauces in flavor with about 1/5 or so of heat. Overall it tastes good and has enough heat that you can feel it so I would give it a thumbs up. Worth buying if you want something that tatses like the hotter sauces but is edible enough to totally cover food in it and still eat it.

Ah yes, the Walkerswood "Seriously Not hot" Jonkanoo pepper sauce. I've had this. It costs under a pound in the supermarkets so you've got to give it a go. It pours out of the bottle like water.

Necrocannibal said:
Ok it says seriously hot on the front and use with caution on the back.

So I try and dump out a little bit on a chip and a WHOLE bunch of it comes out. Its dripping off of the sides onto the floor so being the chilihead I am I quickly get it up to my mouth and shove all of it in knowing I could be hurting in a few.

Analysis is there shouldnt even be any warnings on this damn bottle. It has a little heat but nothing worthy of warning.

As for taste it reminds of of the hotter more clique sauces like Blairs. I think Im tasting alot of onion but not sure. Overall not a bad sauce for taste but heat is disappointing.
=======================================
Actually, it's a fairly good Jamaican sauce. Closer to a mash flavor-wise....and as you said, not very hot....but it has good flavor and you can't beat the price. Matouk's has better heat, but this is a good, flavorful sauce.
When I'm out of really hot sauces I order, I can get Walkerswood and Matouk's at the local grocer....a miracle, considering I live in a small city in E. TN
Walkerswood makes a good jerk seasoning, BTW.

staffing said:
=======================================

Walkerswood makes a good jerk seasoning, BTW.

Would agree with you there. Another good Jerk/BBQ sauce is this one I found. I think it might be English but don't quote me on that.

Image010-6.jpg

Back