• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

WalkGood 2013, 2014 and Beyond

This is my first Glog so excuse what ever mess I may create, lol. Took way to many pictures today (31), so Ill post the first 9 and add more in subsiquent posts but didn't think it a good idea to start out doube or triple posting just for additional pics. I will also be updating the thread over time to show growth, pods and such ... but the first few pics of are of the young ones. While Ive been growing my favorite peppers for around 17 years (guess, lol), I always limited myself to 3 varieties or less. Jamaican peppers/Hab, Jalapeño and Cayenne. When things got too tuff Id milk them till they died off and stop growing for a while and start fresh. Most years I only grew the Jamaicans which are my favorite for cooking, home made sauce and the occasional powder to rub meats with or put into certain recipes.

Current inventory:
  • 5 Jalapeño
  • 1 Cayenne
  • 1 Serrano
  • 7 Datil
  • 15 Jamaican Habs (3 large around 3 years old and 12 less than year old)
  • 12 more to be determined
The young ones below are not that old with the oldest being the JA Habs which are around 3 years old now. I happen to find THP site while looking for advice/knowledge to cure one of my Jalapeños, thanks for all the good info guys/girls! In 2012 I added Datil, Thai hot, Cayenne, Jalapeño and Serrano to the mix, totaling around 41 plants now. Hats off \o_ to those of you who grow many more, dont know how you find the time and patients when things go off. That said, Ive done my fair share of battling aphids, nematodes, snails and white fly to no end over the last 3 years. Fortunately I believe to have things under control for now so Ive decided to add 12 new peppers to the mix from the listed seeds shown below.

Ill select 12 to start near end of December or first week in January from the seeds below and give credit once I get some new ones going :)

av1pxs.jpg

Need to start clearing our yard to grow more & more & more peppers ;) (*WG rollseyes*)
2ypb3mx.jpg

Top left to right: two Thai Hot and one Cayenne. Bottom row all Datil. BTW I don't grow everything in clay pots, just happen to get a good deal on a bunch in yard sale for a few bucks.
23i8d1v.jpg

Huge live Oak in background, there's 5 of them in front yard so the shades hard to avoid in first few hours of sun rise.
25fst9v.jpg

8 Jamaican Habs in ground and cherry tomatoe in the pot, I need to find a good place to plant the tomatoe soon.
2aikob7.jpg

Top left Serrano and more Datil, I'm probably going to gift a few Datils for xmass and some of the other peppers
2ci77yf.jpg

Serrano's first fower
ogc60z.jpg

Serrano's different angle
24ln0yc.jpg

Edit: final list copied to first post from post #40. These seeds were soaked in water on 12/31/12 and planted 1/1/13 \o/

Edit: This list is constantly being updated as new hooks pop. Even though I lost #5 :/ I will not give up as there are 2 other seeds in dat egg mon ....

28i2h78.jpg

A few links to some of my better posts ;)Did you say powder?Did you say MoA?Black light night shots & horn wormsReviews and taste impressions in no order

Sorry about your baby, so how did you go about planting it?

I don't even know what I would do, maybe bury it to the bottom of 1 gal pot? Just guessing because there's a lot of top growth to support...

stickman said:
Eep! We've all been there with wind damage brother, and we're all pullin' for ya.
Rick thanks for the vote of confidence, I’m sure the main plant will come back and hopefully some of the clones will take. You know how it feels brethren … I’m very sad, nuff said.

Devv said:
Sorry about your baby, so how did you go about planting it?

I don't even know what I would do, maybe bury it to the bottom of 1 gal pot? Just guessing because there's a lot of top growth to support...
2 are in cups with rain water and 2 are in 4 gallon pots with fresh soil and lots of rain … it’s still falling from the sky. If they take, I'll still have to up-pot them eventually. I did trim all the flowers, pod starts and many but not all leaves. In the past I've never trimmed leaves and the plant rejects what it doesn't need and keeps what it does but I'm trying how others have done it here and they say cut dem. They say tomorrow should be dry, so I’ve captured about 6 gallons that I’ll devote to them in the shade over time, my seaweed will have to wait. I’m keeping my fingers crossed … thanks for da good vibe mon!

Edit: I did give each a shot of home made seaweed concentrate

Bad luck with the plant break ... she'll be back badder and better then ever you can count on it ... beautiful healthy looking plants and pods ... Scotch Bonnets have some of the coolest shapes ... My TFM last season was great.

Al-from-Chile said:
and then name her Andrea :-)
Al thanks for the idea and so it will be done ^_^ she is now Andrea da bitch, lol and if her sisters make it then there will be Andrea #1, 2, 3 and so on, hehehe

stc3248 said:
Que mala suerte...pinche Andrea. No tes chingando con Ramon bruja! Lo siento bredren...asi es la vida. It'll come back! Sucks it'll be a while though...glad that was the only casualty.
Yea bad luck and you know how depressing that can be, especially when you have a plant that looked so perfect before the damage but que sera sera, lesson learned. I now have some clone attempts, I hope they make it. On a positive note one of the 2 side stalks left on the original plant has thrown a baby pod starter, yea just one and one flower \o/ I'll try to post up a pic over the weekend as I'm going to be very busy the next several days.

I’m a little surprised that I haven’t received a slew of stake dem all and I'm happy I didn't get hammered with dat. Which I might do to some but in the past my game plan that has always worked for storms is laying them all down up against our fence and tie them up if needed. It's my opinion that most of the stalks on my plants are very strong because since born they take a lot of wind, even as much as Andrea dished out. But in Andrea’s case Ms. White Bhut must have had a weak main stalk due to her loss of one side branch from last week. Like I said live and learn, I won’t be caught with my pants down next time, lolz.

Trippa said:
Bad luck with the plant break ... she'll be back badder and better then ever you can count on it ... beautiful healthy looking plants and pods ... Scotch Bonnets have some of the coolest shapes ... My TFM last season was great.
Thanks for the well wishes Trip and I hope she will come back as Ms. Bad azz, hehe. Yea dem Trenton food market Scotch Bonnets are really tasty! STEVE954 gave me a bunch, made him & his lovely wife some dip and I had plenty left for our family. Even enough left to make some sofrito starter with TFM \o/

Thanks everyone, hope you all have an awesome weekend!

Are you going to try to get the broken off piece of the White Hab to grow? I'm glad to say that i haven't seen any total wipe outs from her so far just a lot of people who are not very happy with her. 

koskorgul said:
Going to be putting some stakes with mine this weekend. Right now the tallest is only about 8 or 9 inches so have a little time yet.

Good luck on your clone attempt, we are all Rooting for ya ......hehehehe
I like my steaks on da grill better ;) Believe it or not I did stake the last 2 side branches left on the main white Bhut today right after I saw the little lonely pod, don’t wana loose her. Thanks for the well cloning wishes, hope dem take. Have a great weekend brethren!

romy6 said:
Glad you survived the biatch. Sorry to hear about your soldier :tear: . Like the others said it will inspire him to come back stronger than ever. Just keep on keeping on my southern brethren .
Thanks and I take it from your glog that you and yours are all fine too, hope you have a great weekend mi northern FL brethren!

RocketMan said:
Are you going to try to get the broken off piece of the White Hab to grow?
Yes, I have 2 in pots and 2 in sky water with some seaweed tea concentrate added. I’ll be happy if one of four make it but ideal would be 2 for me. If more make it I’ll gift them.
RocketMan said:
I'm glad to say that i haven't seen any total wipe outs from her so far just a lot of people who are not very happy with her.
I take it you are speaking of Andrea? Yea I can’t see her doing much harm, the rest of my girls had no issues, it was most likely that the main stalk on the White Bhut was weak from loosing a branch last week which I pictured in water a few pages back. That side branch looks great in the sky water, green as can be for a week now but no roots dat fast, hehe. Hope you and your family have a great weekend mi northern FL brethren!

Damn that sucks about your White Bhut brotha. If they turned white, that's the best lookin white Bhut I've seen. Your latest MoAs look stellar too. Andrea has been dropping buckets of rain here all day, yesterday too. I had some great seats at the Nats/ Mets game that got rained out last night. Nature giveth nature taketh away. Hope you get less of the latter.

Dshlogg said:
Damn that sucks about your White Bhut brotha. If they turned white, that's the best lookin white Bhut I've seen. Your latest MoAs look stellar too. Andrea has been dropping buckets of rain here all day, yesterday too. I had some great seats at the Nats/ Mets game that got rained out last night. Nature giveth nature taketh away. Hope you get less of the latter.
Thanks Daniel you are right I’ve seen a lot of nature taketh & giveth over the years. Yesterday it was the shock of it, she was a pure beauty. I’m sure you know what I mean, it hurts :/ But I’m over it now.

I am now looking forward for what’s left on the main plant to produce and hopefully some of the clones will take. I’m not sure how much lighter the color would have gotten but I doubt pure white. I imagine a little lighter and larger but I've not grow one before. I do know this, I ate one and it wasn’t very hot so I’m sure they’re under developed. Thanks for the support brethren, I hope you and yours have an awesome weekend!

No updates due to rain, this weeks hell :(  ... doesn't seem this sky water is going to let up, either the mites or I will soon float away, lol. Have a great weekend all ...

1znrgxh.jpg

Just have a look at the weather in Santiago (again, winter here)...

if we could meet around the AVERAGE of both cities, we both would be swimming in hot peppers B-)

Hey Ramon, most of my choco habs turned out to be red. Only one out of 3 so far has been choco...  let me know how your turn out. 

As for the weather, my yard is a swamp, and the mites continue unabated. 

So sorry to hear about a casualty...sucks...we pour our hearts into these things and then nature and bugs attack them...

I hope it comes back bigger and better than ever, pepper bruddah!

Al-from-Chile said:
Just have a look at the weather in Santiago (again, winter here)...

if we could meet around the AVERAGE of both cities, we both would be swimming in hot peppers B-)
Sweet … let’s go for it ;)

stickman said:
Sounds like it's time to back away from the chiles for a day or two and readjust the headspace and timing... I'd prescribe a fishing trip... ;)
Would be great but even though we’re in Mahi season, there’s none around and with so much rain its not fun getting skunked -_-

stc3248 said:
Lol...your lows look like my highs.
You probably have much less humidity too, you can walk 50 paces here and be in perspiration city, lol.

thegreenman said:
Hey Ramon, most of my choco habs turned out to be red. Only one out of 3 so far has been choco... let me know how your turn out.

As for the weather, my yard is a swamp, and the mites continue unabated.
Looks like the first pod is going to be chocolate, but you tell me how it compares to yours. On the mites; seems as soon as the rain lets up they’re marching back up the plants. Where do these devils come from, I can see them without cheaters when they’re marching, sky water doesn’t see to bother them =_=
5wf48n.jpg

2nc084i.jpg
2n6rh2x.jpg

Small harvest between the rains today, I was able to pick a few Jal’s

ixgkrp.jpg

Most of them are around this size, maybe 2 or 3 fatter and possibly 1 or 2 longer but I’m fine with them.
303d5zn.jpg

Thanks all for comments and suggestions, I hope everyone has a great day mañana!!!

Yeah...pretty dry here. I am still kicking myself for not growing any Jals... :mope: thanks for bumming me out again Ramon!!! Haha...I almost picked up a couple Jal plants today just because it ain't the same without them. Being able to pick up a grocery bag full for a couple bucks is great...but it isn't the same is it??? Like the looks of your Choco Habs! I finally have some flowers opening on my two choco varieties. They were really slow to pop, but coming into their own! Don't let the "hab" name fool ya...they'll be HOT! If you've never grown them before, wait until you KNOW they're ripe...then wait two more days! :rofl:

Back