• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

recipe Want to make not buy a hot sauce. seeking recipes that worked for you.

Hi,

I am looking for recipes that are used every day or week or store well (with or without canning.) Things you and your family use.

I have made many things like hot vinager and pickeled peppers however never made a stored sauce (made fresh) or relish.

They have a fruit and habanaro sauce that I like at our local food store but the 5.99 a bottle is to expensive for me.

I also like releshes, roomate likes hothothot nukular sauces, I also love hot sweet.

I have mega time on my hands and little cash. (unemployed sence early oct.) and think the sauces will make a good gift to roomate and self.

Any help would be apreciated.

oh And Happy Holidays

Silver_Kate

Since you say you want to make it because $5.99 is expensive for a bottle, please post what you are willing to spend to make a batch of hot sauce. This will help with the recipe.

Heh, most all ingredients for a sauce ya can get w/ food stamps...I should know. ;)
Just depends on what ya wanna make, and what's available to you. :)

I'm fond of habs and mango...

Yeah, hab and mango. Hab and peach. Lemon drop, pineapple and peach. Hab and tangerine. Lemon drop, hab and tangerine. You can experiment with onion and garlic. Mustard and ginger. Horseradish. Brown sugar. Honey. Beer, wine, whiskey, cognac.

There's a whole sub-forum about it with lots of recipes, annotations and comments: http://www.thehotpepper.com/forumdisplay.php?f=96

AJ posted his first hot sauce based on Stillmanz recipe...it's awesome, don't think we have ever made it exactly as written but it's always excellent. One of my grandson's eats it like chip dip..never enough hot sauce for him. I'll find the link for you.

AJs First Ever Hot Sauce 08-24-08 ( 1 2)
AlabamaJack

Ok I'm not sure how to post a link but that's where his recipe is.

your prob not going to be able to find superhots at local market, or unless you grow them or "you know somebody that knows somebody that knows somebody" - Trick daddy (sorry). Then your basically left with habaneros which is not a bad thing they have great flavor and heat. just add whatver flavors you like, i like a tiny bit of cinnamon in mine sometimes. theyre ar ea whole lot of good recipes on here look around you'll find em.!

Back