• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

wanted: 7pod with the highest yield

ribbedturtleneck said:
I am really impressed with the production of my red 7 pot Jonah. Going to overwinter this one.

How ist the taste? Some say its very good others describe it as a little bit bitter.

ribbedturtleneck said:
I am really impressed with the production of my red 7 pot Jonah. Going to overwinter this one.

I had 5 Red Jonah plants this year and man did they produce crazy amounts of peppers, I wont overwinter mine.  I dont see the need when they produce like that from just one season! 
Zackorz said:

How ist the taste? Some say its very good others describe it as a little bit bitter.

I find the taste bitter at times, and other times not so much.  I took a bunch of Jonah and red Bhuts and dehydrated into a mixed powder at local flea market, sold all of it.  People loved the smell of it and as a powder the taste was pretty awesome and hot!  

Growing the Jonah again next year for sure! 

Buzzman19 said:

I had 5 Red Jonah plants this year and man did they produce crazy amounts of peppers, I wont overwinter mine.  I dont see the need when they produce like that from just one season! 

I find the taste bitter at times, and other times not so much.  I took a bunch of Jonah and red Bhuts and dehydrated into a mixed powder at local flea market, sold all of it.  People loved the smell of it and as a powder the taste was pretty awesome and hot!  

Growing the Jonah again next year for sure! 

Thanks for the opinion.

Well i have now 3 varietes on my shortliste:

- yellow brainstrain
- 7pot jonah
- bubblegum 7pot

Im know that "bubblegum" has not the highest yield, but would be great for crossing.

Fresh i like the yellow ones more, but the red ones have dried such a good aroma. A little bit like bananas in a basket of fruits.

But i absolutely hate biterness and taste it in very small doses, so im not sure about the "jonah"...

Has the bubblegum less biterness? 

Zackorz said:

Well i have now 3 varietes on my shortliste:

- yellow brainstrain
- 7pot jonah
- bubblegum 7pot

Im know that "bubblegum" has not the highest yield, but would be great for crossing.

Fresh i like the yellow ones more, but the red ones have dried such a good aroma. A little bit like bananas in a basket of fruits.

But i absolutely hate biterness and taste it in very small doses, so im not sure about the "jonah"...

Has the bubblegum less biterness? 
I mailed your yellow brain strains a while back.  Should receive them soon.   Jonahs and bubblegums are both really good and I don't get any bitterness out of them.  I feel the bubblegums is quite a bit hotter than the jonah, but love the jonah for taste, probably my favorite red 7 pot overall.  The choc bubblegum is the best chocolate superhot I have ever had.   First year for either of the bubblegum varieties, but they were lower producers and smaller pods than the other 2, at least this year.  Might have just been bad luck or location in garden also.

jcw10tc said:
I mailed your yellow brain strains a while back.  Should receive them soon.   Jonahs and bubblegums are both really good and I don't get any bitterness out of them.  I feel the bubblegums is quite a bit hotter than the jonah, but love the jonah for taste, probably my favorite red 7 pot overall.  The choc bubblegum is the best chocolate superhot I have ever had.   First year for either of the bubblegum varieties, but they were lower producers and smaller pods than the other 2, at least this year.  Might have just been bad luck or location in garden also.

Thanks for the opinion, i think i have to kick out an "Anuum" pepper and make space for 1 more "superhot" ^^. Jonah sounds really good, and if the brainstrain is as good as my "yellow 7" this year, this is a "must have".

my  first time growing the yellow 7pot had 2 plants , and man they were productive , got this powder , a gallon bag of pods frozen , and a small tupperware container full ( for current use ) . hands down the most productive yet . and still many pods on the plants . 
IMG_0905.JPG

:onfire:

You can't go wrong with the Burgundy's, they're productive and very large  beautiful pods. But with that said 7 pot yellow or TS yellow will give you an endless supply of pods. At least they do in So Cal. Bubblegum and Jonah not so well in my area for heavy producers. So once again I'm sure it will have a lot to do with the environment. So many types that do well back east or in Florida struggle in my dry hot climate. Check out your climate averages in Germany and try to compare them with some of our States, then check on members with similar growing conditions. 

Back