• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

indoor wanting to grow "carolina reapers" indoors

Title says most. I looked on ebay, and some deals look just great. I am wanting to sell these to people. Would i need a licence for selling peppers this hot? I saw that seeds go for quite some, and the peppers are like 10 bucks each. Anybody willing to help?

Careful about buying things on eBay. I got burned (no pun intended) by supposedly Butch T seeds, only to find they were not even close...

Perhaps try swapping seeds with members on this forum. I have no more reaper seeds left but I am sure somebody on here does. Check out the forum ads section. I have gained many new great varieties from members here! If not there are many reputable suppliers I think http://puckerbuttpeppercompany.com/ is the producer of these seeds. May be worth spending a bit extra to get some guaranteed true seeds.

I too have gotten iffy seeds. But mine were from amazon. Gotta buy from a reputable source. Idk if she has reapers but Pepperlover.com is always a good bet!

I have some Carolina Reaper seeds that I have been selling for a quarter ($0.25) each. You can look around here on THP and see that others have posted that my seeds have had good germination rates. My Reapers grew true and are pure seeds. Check out my glog from last year to see the plants and pods that the seeds came from. http://thehotpepper.com/topic/41607-ocho-cincos-rookie-season/
I also accept PayPal.

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/43534-hottest-chilli-in-the-world-seeds-025-each/?hl=%26%23036%3B0.25

I got mine from Ocho. Had good germination rates.Thanks man.

Ocho Cinco said:
I have some Carolina Reaper seeds that I have been selling for a quarter ($0.25) each. You can look around here on THP and see that others have posted that my seeds have had good germination rates. My Reapers grew true and are pure seeds. Check out my glog from last year to see the plants and pods that the seeds came from. http://thehotpepper.com/topic/41607-ocho-cincos-rookie-season/
I also accept PayPal.

Indoors?
In Alaska?

Just from experience, I can tell you I bought straight from the creator, and it was 18 months till I got my first pepper off of it on a mostly indoor Reaper in a 3 gallon bucket.
1st year was in hydro and didn't get a single one.
$10 a pepper?
Wow.
I bought a full SFRB for under $30.

Is this your first try at growing superhots?
If it is, why not try growing them first before spending a fortune.

I'll send you a free pack of "Mystery Peppers".

A bit of almost everything between Scotch Bonnets and Reapers, and I'll make sure there are some reapers in the pack.
The mystery is, you won't know what they type they are till they pod up, so plant a bunch of them.

A nice pack of mixed seeds to see if growing supers is something you want to try in a very challenging environment.

They like warm and humid climate with a long growing season, so AK will be a bit of work and expense.

Just PM me your addy, and I'll ship some out gratis (no charge) or you can purchase excellent Reaper seed from several sources here and in the vendor vault.

Avoid ebay like the plague.

http://www.refiningfirechiles.com/ takes paypal and they are very competitive in prices and have good reviews. But hey why not try Ocho Cinco's seeds, and take up offers for swaps and trades on here. Also the reaper takes forever to produce. Indoors may be a bit tricky for a beginner, maybe try the fatali, a super hot that produces really well and early. I started mine last year Jan 27th and barely got 10 pods come October. Also the germination time on them tends to be quite long, so I would suggest a good presoak & scarification if you go that route, don't end up like me with rotten seeds in Jiffy Pellets!

Gotrox said:
Indoors?
In Alaska?

Just from experience, I can tell you I bought straight from the creator, and it was 18 months till I got my first pepper off of it on a mostly indoor Reaper in a 3 gallon bucket.
1st year was in hydro and didn't get a single one.
$10 a pepper?
Wow.
I bought a full SFRB for under $30.

Is this your first try at growing superhots?
If it is, why not try growing them first before spending a fortune.

I'll send you a free pack of "Mystery Peppers".

A bit of almost everything between Scotch Bonnets and Reapers, and I'll make sure there are some reapers in the pack.
The mystery is, you won't know what they type they are till they pod up, so plant a bunch of them.

A nice pack of mixed seeds to see if growing supers is something you want to try in a very challenging environment.

They like warm and humid climate with a long growing season, so AK will be a bit of work and expense.

Just PM me your addy, and I'll ship some out gratis (no charge) or you can purchase excellent Reaper seed from several sources here and in the vendor vault.

Avoid ebay like the plague.
Thanks for sending them, i just think it would be cool growing peppers (especially rare ones) and just getting more pepper growers in the area im at

Why does an Alaskan pepper grower make me think of the movie Cool Runnings?

Good luck though.

I'm growing 2 reaper plants right now. My habaneros took off, but the reapers just don't seem to want to pod up for me! I will continue to wait patiently, though!

I would definitely give it a go. It's lots of fun, just expect everything to take longer than you thought :P

Back