• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

We really getting the heat advertised?

Sometimes I wonder if I'm really getting as much scoville as I'm told I am.
Now I just got Mega Death, and she's a doozy alright, yet if its rated in the 200k range, to me, it doesn't cripple me 4 times more then Dave's insanity does, or twice as much as Mad Dog Inferno.
So are these just guidelines, selling points, scams, or what?

there is alot of BS out there but really so what ...
I dont think we as humans will ever tell 400 000 from 600 000 and we all seem to feel heat in different ways.
I gave up on seeing what I can take and now just buy sauce and enjoy it.
I have done pure crytals of 16000000 and it was no hotter than black mamba of jersey so I tried to see if my crystals were maybe bad or not as potent as they should be and found myself in a politcal mess that pissed off alot of people.
why are you posting your question???
what sauce has disapointed you ??

Well, I'm slowly building my way up, and recently got Blair's Mega Death which on different sites I've seen listed anywhere between 200 thousand scoville to 550 thousand scoville.

I contrasted it too Mad Dog Inferno which is apparently 90 thousand scoville, and I still find Mad Dog to be hotter then Mega Death, despite being up to 5 times milder then Mega Death.

I found that weird, I enjoy both sauces flavour wise but I'm thrown off by the ambiguity of the claims made, although it says nothing on the actual bottle, seems to be random experts that come up with the heat rating.

Whats this political problem you got yourself into? Now I can see the 16 million being just as mild as black mamba, if you put a bunch of black mamba in say a gallon of chili, as oposed to putting one crystal in one gallon of chili, but for me it was just a taste test of the same amount.

Hopefully you didn't try to eat the crystals raw!

Thanks for the link, definitely looked hot, no doubt about it, but no where near exceptional enough to justify the price tags I've seen on the stuff.
I was looking somewhere today at blairs and they had it for like, 2000 bucks, probably enough to last you a week at that pace.

That's true as well, had I knocked back a taste of Mega Death when I was a hot sauce virgin, I might be singing a different song.

DEFCON Creator said:
Try some DM MKII. :hell:

this is what he is getting at....

posted by DK

Ok, my .02 on the MKII.

John, you waaaaaaay under rated the heat. IT’S FREAKING HOT! I would say in the 1 to 2 million SHU range.

quote from Defcon site

It is EXTREMELY hot, and should be used with caution! If I had to fathom a guess, I would say it ranks somewhere way over 250,000 Scoville Units (SHU).

shayneyasinski said:
this is what he is getting at....

posted by DK

Ok, my .02 on the MKII.

John, you waaaaaaay under rated the heat. IT’S FREAKING HOT! I would say in the 1 to 2 million SHU range.

quote from Defcon site

It is EXTREMELY hot, and should be used with caution! If I had to fathom a guess, I would say it ranks somewhere way over 250,000 Scoville Units (SHU).
Compared to other sauces? we pretty much established that's BS. use chiles to speculate.

I guess the lesson here is that trial and chili-head reviews will be my only ways of really knowing heat.
Is DM MKII available through Uncle Big's? I looked and found the Defcon sauces 1 through 3, but didn't see it.
Is it a wing sauce or all purpose?

It's a kick-you-in-the-teeth, poke-you-in-the-eyes, knee-to-the-groin sauce.

I witnessed many try....and many fail. Including myself.

so am I ....
I will order a bottle in the morning .
was hoping to get zero at the same time as this stuff but zero is not ready.
I am always up for a video of me hurting myself.

Ive found that not only do different people feel the heat differently but I even feek the heat differently on different days. Some days Ive taken Mega Death put it in/on stuf and eaten without much issue and others something like Daves Insanity felt too hot to eat.

shayneyasinski said:
looks like there may another video.....

I wish I had video of those two football players that tried the ZERO with me :hell:

Shayne is right, DM Mk II is wicked hot. I survived a sample of it, but I think smoke would have shot out of my ears if I had it on wings. Like The Creator stated in another post, its meant to be cut with some Defcon 1.

dreamtheatervt said:
I wish I had video of those two football players that tried the ZERO with me :hell:

Shayne is right, DM Mk II is wicked hot. I survived a sample of it, but I think smoke would have shot out of my ears if I had it on wings. Like The Creator stated in another post, its meant to be cut with some Defcon 1.

Ahhh, the tears of exquisitely painful bliss. :cool:

Back